• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with decision on AR10

Soprano7777

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2022
Florida
Hi Thanks for having me. Looking for a AR 10 6.5Creedmoor. Daniel Defense DD5 V5 or POF-USA Revolution? If revolution Piston or DI? New to AR10. Thanks for any info.

More than I can afford at this time. Have my wife in rehab for server brain injury. The bills are killing me. Trying to stay at 3000. Max.
Sorry to hear, hope she gets well soon. I’d go with the DD in that case.

For something in the same ballpark, you might consider a Seekins Precision SP10. I have one, and I love it. It’s going to be in a completely different weight category than the POFs that you’re looking at, though as it’s a hefty little rifle in comparison. Nevertheless, it runs smoothly, and it’s way more accurate than me.

I recently went with a “small frame” DPMS LR-G2 based rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. The closest thing you are looking at is the POF Revolution DI. I’ve had normal sized DPMS LR-308 Gen1 rifles before - most recent a 6.5 Creedmoor SLR B30 I put together myself. Go for the POF having a small handy rifle makes all the difference. I’ll never go back to larger sized rifles. Sure the POF is proprietary but so is just about every AR-10 variant to a degree: KAC bolts are proprietary, LMT barrels are proprietary, Seekins handguards are proprietary, LWRC barrel extensions are proprietary, SLR receivers are proprietary etc, etc, etc - nothing works with everything in the AR-10 space so just find a rifle you like.

This one

Reactions: 346ci
Hi Thanks for having me. Looking for a AR 10 6.5Creedmoor. Daniel Defense DD5 V5 or POF-USA Revolution? If revolution Piston or DI? New to AR10. Thanks for any info.
just finished and delivered 2 AR10's one .308 and the other a 6.5c. stainless fluted barrels, adj gas block and tube Wilson Combat. BCG, Upper, lower, and guard Aero Precision, Geissele SSA-E trigger, JP Enterprise heavy buffer, Magpul full rifle adjustable stock. only the best....
texashaag

How about buying the upper and putting the lower together yourself? You will need to make sure your upper and lower are of the same style, but otherwise it's pretty easy and you can get the exact stock, trigger, etc. you want.

If you go this route and your goal is to get the ultimate in accuracy, it's tough to beat this: https://compasslake.com/product/6-5-creedmoor-ar-10-douglas/.

And at about $1,400 for the upper, that leaves you with $1,600 for the lower. You could add this and have $1000 left to upgrade the trigger and buy ammo. https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-complete-lower-receiver-moe-grip-prs-rifle-stock. Wouldn't even have to put anything together.

Last edited:
I recently went with a “small frame” DPMS LR-G2 based rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. The closest thing you are looking at is the POF Revolution DI. I’ve had normal sized DPMS LR-308 Gen1 rifles before - most recent a 6.5 Creedmoor SLR B30 I put together myself. Go for the POF having a small handy rifle makes all the difference. I’ll never go back to larger sized rifles. Sure the POF is proprietary but so is just about every AR-10 variant to a degree: KAC bolts are proprietary, LMT barrels are proprietary, Seekins handguards are proprietary, LWRC barrel extensions are proprietary, SLR receivers are proprietary etc, etc, etc - nothing works with everything in the AR-10 space so just find a rifle you like.
Pretty sure SR-25 bolts are DPMS compatable. Same with LMT. Extractors, ejectors, firing pin aperture size, materials , and treatments are the differences. SR-15, yeah, the E3’s are proprietary.

We have a 308 mutt build using a Gen1 MWS bcg which is the same as a M110(if I’m not mistaken). SOLGW uses MWS bcg’s in their 308 guns using Ballistic advantage barrels.

The POF does have a lot of proprietary parts but it really isn't much of an issue as you'd think (this coming from a modaholic) and it's just small, really is AR15-sized. They did the engineering for you.

I have it in DI, 308, and it just runs, zero FTF's and shoots sub-MOA with the right ammo and it's soft-shooting. Piston vs. DI will depend on use as well as accessories. Ultimately the DI is slightly lighter and from what I've read, a bit more accurate but YMMV. If you're running suppressed, a piston may make more sense unless you're using a flow-through suppressor, but the piston gun will always run cleaner regardless.

Of the two that you listed, I would go with what ever is in stock.

With that being said, I've had a number of large frame gas guns from the M1A to the SR25 and Scar 17 and really think that the LMT MWS is one of the best options out there at this time. While you are looking for a 6.5cm, LMT allows you the option to drop a 308 barrel and do steel cased blaster stuff if you so chose.

Reactions: Jsp556
I don’t know… I wasn’t really impressed with the Daniel defense DD5v4 I had… certainly not out of the box.

1) The trigger was awful…
2) The nonadjustable cheekpiece was really a letdown because there was no reasonable way you could do that stock with anything other than iron sights.
3) The rest of the build quality was actually pretty decent

Conversely, I got an LMT MWS and it was fantastic right off the get-go. Didn’t need to swap out the trigger, and while I don’t love the stock it was totally adjustable and allowed me to immediately start using a scope. One of the nicest things about them is the interchangeable barrels system and the fact that it works unbelievably well.

I also liked the Larue OBR762 (Original one; 10 years ago) I had… but subsequent customer service issues with Larue and their ultimate uppers turned me away from buying their products anymore.

I’m told SR25s are nice, but I have no idea.

For something in the same ballpark, you might consider a Seekins Precision SP10. I have one, and I love it. It’s going to be in a completely different weight category than the POFs that you’re looking at, though as it’s a hefty little rifle in comparison. Nevertheless, it runs smoothly, and it’s way more accurate than me.
They look great can’t find any for sale

I don’t know… I wasn’t really impressed with the Daniel defense DD5v4 I had… certainly not out of the box.

1) The trigger was awful…
2) The nonadjustable cheekpiece was really a letdown because there was no reasonable way you could do that stock with anything other than iron sights.
3) The rest of the build quality was actually pretty decent

Conversely, I got an LMT MWS and it was fantastic right off the get-go. Didn’t need to swap out the trigger, and while I don’t love the stock it was totally adjustable and allowed me to immediately start using a scope. One of the nicest things about them is the interchangeable barrels system and the fact that it works unbelievably well.

I also liked the Larue OBR762 (Original one; 10 years ago) I had… but subsequent customer service issues with Larue and their ultimate uppers turned me away from buying their products anymore.

I’m told SR25s are nice, but I have no idea.
No one seems to have them in stock

Of the two that you listed, I would go with what ever is in stock.

With that being said, I've had a number of large frame gas guns from the M1A to the SR25 and Scar 17 and really think that the LMT MWS is one of the best options out there at this time. While you are looking for a 6.5cm, LMT allows you the option to drop a 308 barrel and do steel cased blaster stuff if you so chose.
Where can you find one

Of the two you mentioned I'd choose the DD. I prefer piston rifles to Di, but I do like POF for their roller cam pin and not rifles.

Sorry new here where is the EE
Thank you starting to lean more to the LMT if I can find one

Reactions: SmolPP
More than I can afford at this time. Have my wife in rehab for server brain injury. The bills are killing me. Trying to stay at 3000. Max.
No offense but the medical bills are killing you and you’re buying a $3K rifle for fun I assume.

Sorry to hear about your wife and the neurosurgery. I just wanted to offer some advice to hopefully work with the hospital or insurance company to get the bill reduced as much as possible and to recommend paying it off quickly as possible . Hospitals often sell that debt to a credit service that charge credit card level interest rates.

No offense but the medical bills are killing you and you’re buying a $3K rifle for fun I assume.

Sorry to hear about your wife and the neurosurgery. I just wanted to offer some advice to hopefully work with the hospital or insurance company to get the bill reduced as much as possible and to recommend paying it off quickly as possible . Hospitals often sell that debt to a credit service that charge credit card level interest rates.
Thanks for the info. Sold off a most of my fire arms to try and catch up with the bills. Looking for this for when things in the world hit the fan. Thanks again for the info. Really appreciate it.

If you’re wanting a LMT, you’ll have better luck buying it in pieces unless you up your budget or find one used. Keep check on forums and sign up for alerts. Good luck.

ETA: Look of ARF ar10 sale section, there’s a complete LM8 upper for $2k and a complete lower for $1k. There’s your gun at budget if 308 is acceptable.

Last edited:
Reactions: GUNNER10
Lol,

That was quick.

They are out there, just keep an eye out.
hahaha, a lot more people read the forums than post, so somebody lurking might have pulled the trigger quicker.
pretty soon there will be a "what scope for my new lmt?" thread :p

If you’re wanting a LMT, you’ll have better luck buying it in pieces unless you up your budget or find one used. Keep check on forums and sign up for alerts. Good luck.

ETA: Look of ARF ar10 sale section, there’s a complete LM8 upper for $2k and a complete lower for $1k. There’s your gun at budget if 308 is acceptable.
Thanks for the info appreciate it

Lol,

That was quick.

They are out there, just keep an eye out.
I haven’t seen a MWS at Clyde Armory in almost 2 years. Haven’t seen a slick upper there for even longer. They have the DD5’s on the shelf consistently.

Any one’s thoughts on Wilson combat super sniper

I have one of their Tactical Hunters in .308. It’s probably my favorite rifle to shoot. They quoted me a 3-4 month build time and built the rifle in a little less than 2 months.

When I first took it to the range, it had some issues chambering a new round after ejecting the spent case from the previous round. For reference, I cleaned and lubed the gun before going to the range, and I was shooting 175 grain FGMM. Wilson Combat sent me a shipping label, changed the extractor, and sent the rifle back pretty quickly (I forget the exact turnaround time). Since then, the rifle has functioned perfectly.

If a Wilson Combat is in the budget, I’d definitely recommend it.

I have one of their Tactical Hunters in .308. It’s probably my favorite rifle to shoot. They quoted me a 3-4 month build time and built the rifle in a little less than 2 months.

When I first took it to the range, it had some issues chambering a new round after ejecting the spent case from the previous round. For reference, I cleaned and lubed the gun before going to the range, and I was shooting 175 grain FGMM. Wilson Combat sent me a shipping label, changed the extractor, and sent the rifle back pretty quickly (I forget the exact turnaround time). Since then, the rifle has functioned perfectly.

If a Wilson Combat is in the budget, I’d definitely recommend it.
Thanks for the info. The three I’m now leaning to is LMT Seekins Sp10 and wilson combat super sniper. Right now the Wilson is the only one I can find so I might just get it.

Thanks for the info. The three I’m now leaning to is LMT Seekins Sp10 and wilson combat super sniper. Right now the Wilson is the only one I can find so I might just get it.
Nice.

I am sure it will be a shooter, with that being said, if you are considering an LMT, you do have the ability to build up the rifle at your own pace so you don't have to drop 3k on a rifle in one shot. Not sure if that's a concern

Nice.

I am sure it will be a shooter, with that being said, if you are considering an LMT, you do have the ability to build up the rifle at your own pace so you don't have to drop 3k on a rifle in one shot. Not sure if that's a concern
Never built one before don’t know how hard it would be. Or best parts to order

Never built one before don’t know how hard it would be. Or best parts to order
In the case of the lmt, it's not so much building as much as it is assembly.

For example, you find a chassis/upper, and then a barrel. With LMT, the barrels are user serviceable so you can install the barrel in approx 30 seconds with a torq wrench.

A BCG is a BCG, nothing to assemble. The lower is just a lower and can be installed at home with most basic tools are can be taken to your average gun shop and have built for 50 bucks or so. It's a 15 minute job.

As for what parts to order, LMT pretty much makes everything so I would stick to lmt parts from one of the LMT dealers.

Was just look for LMT WSN barrel 6.5 creedmoor nowhere to be found
Patience is key.

The internet has decided that LMT stuff should be almost as hard to find and should cost almost as much as KAC for now. The scalpers are on all the wait lists and buying up anything Knights, LMT, Radian, Hodge, etc to flip on Gunbroker and other buy/sell/trade groups. It’s worse than when the fudds were waiting for 22lr shipments at Walmart.

You’d probably be happy with the DD5, SP10, or Wilson Combat options. I’ll eventually pick up a DD5 secondhand to try out.

Patience is key.

The internet has decided that LMT stuff should be almost as hard to find and should cost almost as much as KAC for now. The scalpers are on all the wait lists and buying up anything Knights, LMT, Radian, Hodge, etc to flip on Gunbroker and other buy/sell/trade groups. It’s worse than when the fudds were waiting for 22lr shipments at Walmart.

You’d probably be happy with the DD5, SP10, or Wilson Combat options. I’ll eventually pick up a DD5 secondhand to try out.
Sp 10 real hard to find too talking with a big online store and asked why that item has no notify me when its available and was told it’s been so long they have no idea when if it it will be in stock

Try to contact these guys. These rifles stayed on the forum for a good while. I don’t know if they sold it or the ads just expired.