• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with Garand .30cal Tracer load data?

Hunter87

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Connecticut
Hey everyone,

Im finally just getting around to get reloading for my garand. I had bought a bag of 100 .30 cal tracer bullets a few years back. Does anyone have any good info on loading those and as far as what powder to go about using? I currently have RL-15 as its universal for my .223 and .308. Im still gathering info on loading as i havent started anything just case prep.

On another note i shoot service rifle matches does anyone know if they allow the hornady bullets such as AMAX of BTHP.

Thank you for your help.

Dan

Re: Help with Garand .30cal Tracer load data?

After reviewing arsenal load data for the tracer and ball ammunition, they use the same load data.

My Garand load for 150gr ball is 50gr of IMR-4064. Similar Garand-compatible performance is listed for 48.0gr of RE-12 or W748, or 49.0gr of H-/IMR-4895 and BLC-(2).

Follow all precaution regarding starting low and working up.

Some ranges may prefer you not use tracers, especially in dry weather, as a precaution against brush/grass fires. To my knowledge, Service Rifle bullet choice is left to the shooter.

Greg

Thanks Greg is there any one reload manual that covers multiple Brands of Bullets or a specific book on just garand ammo. I looked at the hornady but it mainly just covers there line and nothing else.

Dan

Please note, I added to my initial post.

This is my primary resource on the Garand Rifle and Service Rifle Comp.

The loads I quoted come straight from this source.

Greg