• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help with jump case any airborne guy's out there?

alongshot50

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2009
salem in
I bought 2 new surplus jump cases at knob creek today....Ok I am not stupid but how in the hell are these things rigged? There is a paded zippered part perfect for a long gun, but it folds out and I think you could make a HUGE bag for other stuff. And it has huge latches but I think it looks if there is other strapping or a harness? has potential to be a nice case and is brand new....is there a video or a diagram anywhere I might be able to figure ii out? Thanks, Bill

Re: help with jump case any airborne guy's out there?

I assume this is for a m1950?
The straping is for rigging the case to jump. You tie it off before the jump, don't really need if not. Also it kind of folds in half when you are rigging it, assuming its a m4 carbine type weapon. Heres a thread I found.

http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/showthread.php?t=5640

Basically for your purposes you could just use it as a case and not bother with any of the straps or rings.

Re: help with jump case any airborne guy's out there?

Last time I saw one it was rigged up to a guy's left side underneath his armpit.

Of course his was for a Thompson.
grin.gif