• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with Larue OBR 308

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
The bolt carrier in my OBR doesnt release after charge handle was pulled. It stucks in a half way position after the charge handle was let go. Any thought? Just clean it also. Thanks for your help.

Wont move forward to closed position. Almost like it stuck half way. Never experienced that before

If you can get it apart I would check to see if you put it back together correctly. I suppose it worked fine before you cleaned it. You did put the buffer spring back in it right?

Actually, it was like that before i clean it. Havent clean it in a while so i thought it was just stuck because of dirts and grimes. I happened after i fired one round.

Sounds like you need someone to take a look at it for you. Doesn't sound too good and is definitely not a common problem. Hard to help without putting hands on it. The buffer retaining pin/spring might have come loose and stuck in there somewhere but that is just a guess

Sounds like the the buffer retainer has come loose. I would remove the buttstock and from there you should be able to unbind the recoil spring. If not that your charging handle may be damaged.

Actually, it was like that before i clean it. Havent clean it in a while so i thought it was just stuck because of dirts and grimes. I happened after i fired one round.

So it was stuck, you took it apart, cleaned it, put it back together, fired a round and it stuck again?

Havent fire since putting back together. Just trying to see if it still has the same problem after cleaning.

How are you "trying to see if it still has the same problem after cleaning"? I suggest pulling the charging handle back and then letting it go, if the bolt group sticks... Hopefully you get the idea. Let us know how this goes. Is this a joke?

No joke. Spoke to John at Larue today. Fantastic customer service. Gave me some tips to start. Will update with progress

I have seen this. A friend called me and said he busted his new AR. He said it must be a lemon so I drove over to help him. I seriously had to pound the rifle on the flash hider on a chair once to get it to go forward. He was like wow it worked and grabbed the charge handle and it stuck again. This time it would not budge. I found the buffer and spring a few minutes later. He took it out and forgot to put it back in... Needed to pull the buffer tube to get it unstuck.

Sounds to me like yours may have the buffer or spring getting caught on something.

Remove magazine

You should be able to pull the bolt carrier forwards with a pair of needlenose or a flathead screwdriver

Then pull the pins and separate the upper from the lower and let us know if the buffer and spring are where they are supposed to be

I had a brand new AR15 tumble off a shooting bench once and take a slight hit, did exactly what you are saying to a tee. I had to replace the upper receiver. Has anyone besides you played with the rifle, did it get hit anywhere?