• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help with magnetospeed and suppressor

MDrimfirerookie

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
does anyone have experience with getting their magnetospeed sporter to pick up the velocity on suppressed 22lr?

i have a cz457 that sports a thunderbeast takedown 22 can on it. when i went to ammo test my new barrel the other day i got absolutely nothing from the magnetospeed. it is already set to the highest sensitivity.

i read some older threads about using magnets and there was a request for pictures of the set up but none ever materialized. i'm a visual learner so that would have helped me immensely.

thanks

Did you change it over to .22/slugs?

the sporter doesn't have that option that i'm aware of.

i set the sensitivity initially before i got my suppressor so i know it picks up rimfire. unfortunately a 16.5 inch barrel on the manners cz stock doesn't give me enough clearance to mount the chrono without the suppressor on.

lots of fail going on here on my part

Give them a call. I am sure they can help you out.

Yes but a .22 suppressor is the size of a large barrel. It's not 1.7" around like centerfire suppressors. Magnetospeed chrono reads the bullet. As long as the bayonet is set to proper height then it should read it.

Did you ask them about the setting for .22s with the spotter?