• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with old chest rig ID

Two36

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2021
Oregon
I can't seem to find one of my favorite chest rigs, I moved, house break in, moving on.
Don't have pics, but this is definitely simple enough that someone might know name or where to find.

Eagle ind tag
3x7.62 mags
Slot pocket between torso/mags
2x pistol mag pouches, one at each side of row of rifle mags.
2"(?) Web standard x harness.
No molle
No velcro
OD green

Simple enough right? Searched high and low, can't find one. Figured someone here may have some input.
Came from a guy who spent a lot of time with 2/75, if that helps.. got the I dunno from him.

Definitely not eagles Rhodesian rig, tiny in comparison.Was new in plastic bag when I got it, think it was made in 05.

Maybe an early version of the Multi Mission Rig, before they MOLLE'ed the hell out of them.
img_7926.jpg
It also sounds similar to the Blackhawk Low Profile Chest Rig. That was my preferred rig when driving a bunch.
blackhawk-55cr00de-low-profile-chest_1_9247792e5b92a963d8935176dfc52cfd.jpg

Both of them are from about that time frame.

Reactions: Two36
I had zero luck on this one.
Whatever it was, Eagle did not make many of them, there isn't any on the surplus market like the Rhodie Rig (RRV). Makes sense as there wasn't many 7.62 shooters downrange, especially early on. It could have even been a prototype that never went to full production.
As far as similar and available goes, you might want to look at the Haley Strategic Micro or the Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Chest Rig.
Both are small, low profile, no velcro, no or minimal MOLLE, and can hold 7.62 mags.
Sorry you lost your old one. I know finding a comfortable and useful chest rig is a pain. Despite having a box full of rigs, I keep going back to my old Rhodie Rig.

I had zero luck on this one.
Whatever it was, Eagle did not make many of them, there isn't any on the surplus market like the Rhodie Rig (RRV). Makes sense as there wasn't many 7.62 shooters downrange, especially early on. It could have even been a prototype that never went to full production.
As far as similar and available goes, you might want to look at the Haley Strategic Micro or the Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Chest Rig.
Both are small, low profile, no velcro, no or minimal MOLLE, and can hold 7.62 mags.
Sorry you lost your old one. I know finding a comfortable and useful chest rig is a pain. Despite having a box full of rigs, I keep going back to my old Rhodie Rig.
That's conclusion I came to as well. Had to be some special order or proto.
I'll likely end up with one of those two.I didn't realize bfg was still making the tenspeed, that's probably going to be the winner.
Thanks for the help!

I have a very old 5.56 mag sized one like described, 4x single pouches with flaps, 2x pistol mag pouches on the ends. This was also given to me (like 20+ years ago) so no idea on the model name and nothing to ID it other than the Eagle St. Louis, MO USA label sewn on one of the straps.

Not much help, but they did exist.