• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with possible build

GibsonL5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2018
TX
So, this would be my first build of a bolt gun. I've built numerous ar's, but i think of them as just assembling pars. Is a bolt gun similar?
My goal is a lightweight hunting rifle in 6.5 cm suppressed. I'd like to use the zermatt origin action with a 18 or 20 in proof research carbon barrel. Can someone suggest a place that might have these in stock? Is it a matter of just screwing barrel into the receiver and torque it?

My other option is a bergara ridge sp 18" barrel, but i like the idea of learning the bolt gun assembly process. Thanks for any help.

Bolt guns can just be assembled just as easy.

Get an action that takes pre fits. Action wrench, barrel vise, torque wrench.

You put the barrel in the vice, action wrench in the action, and screw the action to the barrel. It’s easy.

Reactions: kthomas
Appreciate it. Any suggestions on places to order from that might have items in stock? Do i need a shouldered pre fit barrel? Thanks again

Definitely Owen from front range precision. He sells both those brands and is great to work with.

Look at Altus or Bugholes for actions. Bugholes has Origins in stock, and Altus may as well.

They both also do gunsmithing, and could make a barrel for these actions. I haven't used either of these companies for such a service, so I'm unfamiliar with their quality and timeline, but have heard good things.

I personally use TS Customs for my barrels. Bought a new chambered barrel for one of my actions a couple of months ago, and the wait time was only 2 weeks. Not only is he fast, but he does exceptional work.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I ordered a origin acrion and proof carbon prefit 20" 6.5cm barrel. This is a hunting setup and trying to keep it lightweight. With that, i cant decide on a stock. Leaning to a manners eh1 mini chassis with hawkins m5 hunter bottom metal and hawkins magazine. The alpine hunter also catches my attention, but not sure on availability at the moment. Any other lightweight hunting stocks to look at and hopefully be available at this time?

Reactions: Digetydog
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I ordered a origin acrion and proof carbon prefit 20" 6.5cm barrel. This is a hunting setup and trying to keep it lightweight. With that, i cant decide on a stock. Leaning to a manners eh1 mini chassis with hawkins m5 hunter bottom metal and hawkins magazine. The alpine hunter also catches my attention, but not sure on availability at the moment. Any other lightweight hunting stocks to look at and hopefully be available at this time?

Check out Grayboe stocks.

Manners eh1 for sure!!!
18” 6.5Cm hunting rig
FC571268-89EB-4429-813C-89D1AC650930.jpeg