• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help with prs stock for savage bas

averynickt

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Just received my new savage bas rifle and looking to put on a different stock as we all know the standard stock is horrible. looking at the magpul prs, just ordered one. is this a direct fit or do i need other things and need to do more to get it on? help me out please
smile.gif

Thanks
Nick

Re: help with prs stock for savage bas

lol, so your looking for another guy with that rifle thats put that stock on it... if i recall my reviews, that rifle will fit any ar style stock. but i think you have a ?? 4-6 position ar stock?? so that tube is different than what the PRS has. you need a new recoil tube. i think there is one for sale on here in accessory sales

if I remember correctly, I believe this was the conversation on said topic: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=1582122

"It's the Model 10 .308. I added the PRS as I had it on hand already that I took off a DPMS. I will tell you that the cheek piece on the PRS is a little far back on this gun for me, so today I made an extension which allowed me to move my cheek weld further forward. Savage accuracy is definitely there, so you would indeed be happy." by waynea_91

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if I remember correctly, I believe this was the conversation on said topic: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=1582122

"It's the Model 10 .308. I added the PRS as I had it on hand already that I took off a DPMS. I will tell you that the cheek piece on the PRS is a little far back on this gun for me, so today I made an extension which allowed me to move my cheek weld further forward. Savage accuracy is definitely there, so you would indeed be happy." by waynea_91 </div></div>
Waynea-91 used a Prs off a .308 on which the cheek piece is further back to accomodate the longer charging handle. If you are buying a PRS for the 10 BAS, I would reccomendthe .223 model which should eliminate the problem of the cheek piece being too far back.

already ordered the .223 model of the magpul prs stock. just need to know what else i need to get it installed? just the buffer tube or more?

Aside from the stock, all you need is the A2 length buffer tube. As I said before, you dont need the buffer or spring.
If not on SH, You can probably find a take-off cheap on www.ar15.com.