• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with Redding neck size die?

TimK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
www.timkulincabinetry.com
I just bought a used Redding bushing type neck sizing die. It did not come with instructions, and I don't see them on the Redding website.

I can see the bushing inside it, but can't figure out how to get it out. Is it just pressed in? If so, it's very tight. I haven't banged on it yet for real, thought I check here first for direction.

Any help?

Re: Help with Redding neck size die?

the instructions used to be on their website,unscrew the cap on top of the die,turn the die upside down and bang it on somthing tha wont damage it,bushing should fall out.when you put it back together do not cinch the cap down tight,just snug and then back it off just 1/4 turn.

Re: Help with Redding neck size die?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just pressed in? If so, it's very tight. </div></div>

My Redding NO sizer has the bushing loose enough that it rattles if you (or I) shake the die. Yuo want this clearance so that the case self centers in the die and that the bushing self centers on the case. If I were to remove the top, the bushing would fall right out (Type-S) or when I disassemble the micrometer (competition) the bushing falls right out (unless the oil has coagulated and it needs a shot of WD40.)