• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with reticle choice

Popyacap

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2023
North America
Hi, new here and also new to posting on forums. Apologies for any mistakes. Usually I can find the answer and never have to post but I need help as I can't find what I need.

Putting together a shtf battle rifle and its going to be with a Tavor rifle. It's the rifle I got. I wanted something different ultimately but this is how things ended up and what I must work with. I want to place a Razor 1-6 on it but am lost as to what reticle to use.

The rifle will be put to whatever use it is needed for. It will be used for cqb and medium ranges generally. Do I want the JM-1 or the MOA or the MIL? I am brand new to scopes and know next to nothing.

Now if someone can recommend a scope with a better reticle that is as good and is around the same price, by all means.

Scope will likely never see any other rifle.
It has to be fast and easy.
This is a battle rifle. I am not scoping deer at four hundred yards with this rifle...unless I have to.
I need to be able to make fast shots in a pinch at unknown distances; JM-1? Mil?
Other than that...

Thank you.

Last edited:
fond of almost any I have seen except just a single dot in the middle of nothing I just don't get that one like a red dot but on a scope . Also not fond of the solid cross lines also not a fan of it personally ,
Product_Mx_Img_582902632_RT20102111-1-01-F__74320.1564459209.png

I like a free floating dot
Delta-Optical-DLS-1-Reticle.jpg

fine enough not to cover the target , yet visible easy on the eye best of luck with what ever you get hope you enjoy it .

fond of almost any I have seen except just a single dot in the middle of nothing I just don't get that one like a red dot but on a scope . Also not fond of the solid cross lines also not a fan of it personally ,

fine enough not to cover the target , yet visible easy on the eye best of luck with what ever you get hope you enjoy it .
That DLS-1 is really nice. Where is that from?

The reason I am set on the Razor is availability, price and how well built they are. I was originally going to settle with an ACOG but for the same price I can grab a Razor, except no mount. I want to buy once and be happy and not cry at all later. If you could suggest a different scope that will cover the same ground with a better reticle, I am all ears. But the price has to be similar and the build quality. I suppose I shouldn't put that I won't change using Razor for something else. The rifle is the only thing I cannot change as that is all that has been bought so far. My great concern is the the shutdown of everything denying me the ability to by a scope at all. The sheer amount of reading I have done and am still nowhere has me frustrated.

Reactions: acudaowner
got mine on a 5x50x56 delta stryker though it is sfp

got mine on a 5x50x56 delta stryker though it is sfp
OK. I need a scope for a Tavor rifle out to 600 yard max. So far one vote for JM-1. That was what I was going to take but am I missing anything not having moa/mil instead for this rifle for this kind of use.

OK. I need a scope for a Tavor rifle out to 600 yard max. So far one vote for JM-1. That was what I was going to take but am I missing anything not having moa/mil instead for this rifle for this kind of use.

Take a look at your scope spec's, you will see that it a BDC reticle in MOA.

It means that if your Tavor is a 5.56 or 308 and you have the JM-1 reticle you zero at 100 yards. Once zeroed the BDC reticle will work out to 600 yards based on which cartridge you have.
OK, I see, thank you. I thought for a second you were saying to zero the scope at 600 yards. Lol. The one I have is 5.56, I wish it was the .308.