• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help with Rings

feelinducky

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
California
I just purchased a Vortex 4x16x50 PST that I'm going to put on my 270WSM. This is the biggest objective scope that I have purchased and I'm wondering which rings to buy. I like the Low Talley one piece rings that I have on there now with a Zeiss Conquest which has a 1" tube on it. A couple of questions: If I go with a taller ring I'm going to need to get some type of cheek rest as the BC medalist stock is about right with the low rings now, what would you recommend without having to drill into the stock? The Karsten look pretty functional but I don't want to drill into the stock unless I have to. Other then Tally and Leupold are there any other ring MFG's you would recommend I check out?
Thanks

You did not mention which rifle.

For a hunting rifle the Talley are great as there is no need for separate bases and they are rather light.

Warne also makes some nice dual bases and the Maxima rings are quite lower than most other manufactures.

As for the stock, a triad stock pack will come in handy and you can store a few extra rounds inside to prevent them from rattling around in your pocket.

The list of recommended rings to buy is endless, there are so many quality brands. Decide on the features most important and let price point be your guide if that's a consideration.

Another option if you need some added height for your cheek is the Tac Ready Mag Pac. 5,7 and 10 round mags fit well in the side pouch as well as a standard box of ammo, WSM maybe not. It has a insert pocket to slide a piece of foam in so you can tailor the amount you need to raise your comb and it velcro's at the back to keep it in place. Multiple colors are available and it has an excellent material for a Non-slip cheek-weld surface.

TAC READY || Solutions For The Field

Call Seekins and describe your application. Great product and very helpful matching their rings to your needs.