• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with stock options that include a NV bridge.

Niles Coyote

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2007
    South West, MI
    I've been put in charge of finding a stock for my department's precision rifle. Requirements must include a night vision Bridge, be adjustable for both length of pull and cheek height and ideally the stock would have polymer skins if its a chassis so as to not freeze the shooter to the rifle in our cold winter climates. All while being under 1000.00 max, preferably less as it will be easier for command to swallow.

I know Magpul has thier new precision rifle stock that's right at a grand for the folder, though folding is not a requirement nor really desired.

What other stocks or chassis are out there that would meet the above requirements.

Krg Bravo, X-ray, or fixed Whiskey3, Mdt HS3, maybe an Xlr Carbon. I do like the versatility of the Magpul though and it can be ran as a non-folder. Krg also has Mil/Leo pricing too and some places do on the Magpul and Xlr. Not sure of the MDT.

Reactions: Niles Coyote
    How many do you need?

A fixed AT AICS is $1012 and the Nv mount is $250. For a Dept. purchase, I bet mile high or euro could meet your price requirements.

Last edited:
    Chassis with skins, adjustable length of pull and cheek riser and a bridge available under 1k sounds an awful lot like a xrg xray. Most others that I like are more expensive or bare metal.

You could do some traditional stocks but with those adjustable options and bridges it will likely cost more than 1k per for a manners or mcmillan etc. I wouldnt bother putting all that work into a lesser stock such as an hs or bc or grayboe.

KRG Bravo with the enclosed fore end for the cheap route, W3 with enclosed fore end for the best route. Or go AICS with a bridge mount

This is mine and I love it so far

Attachments

• 20180825_195141.jpg
      20180825_195141.jpg
      409.9 KB · Views: 141
    This is mine and I love it so far

What is your pictured set up?
    You mention two different forearms, what's the difference between them, is one more rigid than the other? Does flex even create a problem?
    I've never played with NV on a rifle like this. Feel free to school me if needed.

What is your pictured set up?
    You mention two different forearms, what's the difference between them, is one more rigid than the other? Does flex even create a problem?
    I've never played with NV on a rifle like this. Feel free to school me if needed.

That looks like a krg whiskey based on the rear that has the fancy metal relieving and adjustment with the carbon forend added on.

All KRG products have basically the same base chassis/aluminum skeleton under neath. You can swap out the other parts to make the different models. For all of these you would get a spigot and add a night vision bridge to the top of it for that capability.
    Whiskey plastic forend
    Whiskey Aluminum
    Old Xray
    New bravo

They also have a carbon fiber forend that has the night vision integrated into it but no more spigot.

On the KRG's you don't need the spigot mount to add the INVR, and the enclosed forend is aluminum and plastic but pretty much integrates the spigot and nv cap into one and appears to be lighter and cheaper than adding all the other pieces.

On the KRG's you don't need the spigot mount to add the INVR, and the enclosed forend is aluminum and plastic but pretty much integrates the spigot and nv cap into one and appears to be lighter and cheaper than adding all the other pieces.
    Shoot, thats right! That bridge skips the spigot https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/invr/

They have so many damn options and accessories its tough to keep them all in mind.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Yup. Bandit and spife nailed it. it's a gen5 whiskey 3 with the enclosed forend. I really like it so far. It feels super rigid and all of the forend options have an aluminum backbone that they bolt to so none of them really have "flex"