• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with trailer lights.

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
I have a Pace trailer that has a rear left signal that blinks faintly, the brake light work fine on it though. Rear right works fine and all other lights function.

Any quick tips? Im going to try to give the light a clean ground connection...anything else I should look for?

Re: Help with trailer lights.

check your turn signal lights on the truck and ground

First clean the contacts on the wiring plug.
Fast way to do that is to put the two together and pull'em apart a doz. times or so.
Switch trailer light bulbs and clean the bulb sockets.
LG

like said above, check connections. Start with:

Grounds at every point;
Leads at every point;
Connection plug, all four points.
-truck wiring to socket
--socket contacts
-trailer wiring to plug,
--plug contacts

This is under the assumption that your vehicle lights/indicators are working properly and all bulbs are intact.

Start with grounds though. One thing I learned building trailers years ago, is to NEVER use the ball/hitch as the ground contact. It really is best to have a ground conductor through the plug. Some people prefer the other way, but....

Now that the running/brake/turn signals are working, onto the inside lights....

I'll report back if I need any help, I appreciate it guys.

man, I'm so sick of dealing with tailer lights. It's always some BS, the tongue is too long, something is grounded, something is shorted, bitches ain't shit, etc.

I bought a $20 set of magnetic trailer lights from Harbor Freight 2 years ago. I hook'em, smack'em and go. No issues.