• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes help with USO SN-9 3.8-22x

Luna

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2012
Colorado
is any one familiar with the USO SN-9 3.8-22x ?
it appears that when you move the adjustment knobs it moves the whole scope?
if so does that make problems with where you put your cheek/eye ?
also it looks like the threads are exposed on the adjustment knobs? does it have problems with dirt?
ive been searching the net for info on it but all i can get it pics of it at a distance so i cant get a good up close look at it
Ty in advance
http://www.usoptics.com/optics/sn-39-3-8-22x.html

Re: help with USO SN-9 3.8-22x

Luna,
With the SN-9 the whole main tube will move, you are correct. It uses a patented front ball hinge in the front just by the objective that allows the scope to pivot but not twist. In the rear is a housing that contains the elevation and windage knobs along with two spring plungers. This allows the user to move the whole body of the scope, in turn keeping all lenses on optical axis and achieving the best resolution possible.

The knobs are exposed to the elements so this is probably not the most suitable design for extremely dirty situations. I have plans to make a rubber boot that will seal this area, but right now more important projects prevail. We have many users that use these scopes in this type of environment with much luck, but these guys also clean their scopes after each use.

We haven't run into much problem with the cheek weld and extreme adjustment. It will move some, but you have to remember that this scope has a total of 235 MOA travel and in this complete movement is only 1/2". So unless you are using the full 235 MOA, you are only moving the scope 1/4" or less in most cases.
Hope that helps,
John III