• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help zeroing Zeiss scope

11E40

Private
Minuteman
Sep 27, 2009
Texas
Pls. help a newbie. I have a zeiss 1000 conquest mounted on a Rem 700 5R using LaRue 20moa base with LaRue QD rings. I have plenty of elev. adjustment for 400yds to 1000yds. My problem is I have to use the 300yd reticle for zeroing at 200yds and the 350yd reticle for shooting at 100yds. The elev turret is cranked all the way down. Should I not be using the 20moa base and different rings to bring the scope lower on the rifle? Or, am I doing something else wrong?

Re: Help zeroing Zeiss scope

Try a 0 MOA base - you probably be closer to the center of adjustment after you set your zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try a 0 MOA base - you probably be closer to the center of adjustment after you set your zero. </div></div>

Scope is not made for use with a 20 MOA rail.

/Chris

Thanks guys I ordered a 0 moa rail today.

just going to say that the Conquest does not have a lot of MOA elevation in it. I think mine had about 45 MOA in it from top to bottom if I rememebr correctly. You use half that in zeroing.