• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Help!!!!

clarkarchery

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2012
Adkins, TX
Ok its decision time. I am getting a suppressor. I am only going to be able to afford one right now so of course im looking for the magic one. It will be on a sbr 300 blk, sbr 5.56, ar-10, and 18" 5.56 in that order of importance.

My priorities

QD is a must
Sound/flash
compact (preformace is first as long as the size is resonable)
price (only buying one i would rather buy quality than go cheap but I dont need to waste money where i dont need to)

Here is what im thinking please let me know what you think your opinion and any others you suggest.

acc sdn6
surefire socom 7.62
or wait for acc to release the 2013 version

Let the battle begin
smirk.gif

Re: Help!!!!

with the waits as long as they are right now, you have time to invest in a great can and/or do better research. find a good dealer with a good option for payment plans or similar credit option.

Popular research topics:
-Mount style
-weight
-db value of suppression
-calibers covered
-thread pitches
-threadable owned bbls
-Service ablity / cleaning
-customer service , company product backing
-warranty info
-material used (ti, aluminum, etc)
-accuracy / POI shift / repeatibility
-full auto rating

I'll bet you'll get a ton of replies for a ThunderBeast 30BA...

And theres a reason too!

A guy shooting at my range had one... Had it on his .308 and switched it to his 16" .223 AR... Needless to say, I'm impressed!

you also didnt put your priority of use of the rifles.

(%)
-Hunting -target -plinking

or desired use suppressed

(%)
-most accurate -most quiet -full auto

I have done lots of research just trying to get some more real input from shooters. And uses will be just to have suppressed and a little hunting. I think quiet over accuracy within reason due to the guns it will be mounted on. And full auto is a plus but not a priority. Thanks in advance.

If you are going to be shooting a lot both suppressed and unsuppressed, I'd suggest looking at a can that has minimal POI shift. Surefire tends to be at the top of the heap in this area.

AAC SDN-6 Its tired and true. Alot of guys on here run them and on 300 Blackout its a perfect fit. It is rated up to a 308 win. I know price isn't a issue per your list but you could buy two of them for one Surefire. Plus the new Surefires are not out as of yet.

As far as the AAC SR7, I have no idea when we will be seeing the new supply.

The only reason I am saying qd is because I would like to option of being able to run the guns without the can and dont really want to run them bare barrel. I am open to suggestions.

I think your going in the right direction with the qd mount set up. On a semi auto platform you get more vibrations from the bolt moving back and forth than you do on a bolt gun. If this can was going to be shared on a combination of bolts and semi autos, I would say look at a thread mount depending on application of intended out come, but since you plan to run it on all semi autos, qd mount all the way. With the qd you know it is locked in place and there is no chance of it backing off and running the chance of a bullet strike.

Have you looked at the Elite Iron Bravo 1? Otherwise, find a small 30 can like this or the SDN6 in direct thread and just use thread protectors when the can is on something else.