• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

helpful info

oneshot86

Minuteman
Jul 13, 2001
citrus park ,fl
many of you know i hurt my back a long time go and its time to get it repaired.
i am under care of a surgeon at this time and they prescribed me a non opioid pain reliever
gabapentin...
it blocks the nerve receptors for pain...
im on day 4 and man, i dont know if im tricking myself, but i believe not, man oh man i feel so much better, its unbelievable.
days ago, i was ready to be rolled out to pasture, NOW, I WANT TO GO DIG A BIG FUCKING HOLE IN THE PASTURE, I FUCKING SWEAR IT.

this gabapentin may also help some of you other broken studs out there

also,
can someone send me the covid vac card blanks

Gabapentin works really well to dull out nerve pain.
In fact, your post reminds me I need to call my doc and see about getting back on it.

Reactions: oneshot86
I am glad gabapentin works for you. I had really bad side effects from it.

i am under care of a surgeon at this time and they prescribed me a non opioid pain reliever
gabapentin...
im on day 4 and man, i dont know if im tricking myself, but i believe not, man oh man i feel so much better, its unbelievable.
days ago, i was ready to be rolled out to pasture, NOW, I WANT TO GO DIG A BIG FUCKING HOLE IN THE PASTURE, I FUCKING SWEAR IT.

also,
I take 600 mg before bed every day. I have had back surgery (laminectomy) 13 years ago and am now planning an L3/4 fusion in the spring as I'm bone on bone there...disk is completely gone.

I have found the gabapentin to help some...certainly not to the extent you have experienced. Good for you. But for me, its a mild improvement.

Main thing is that it helps me sleep at night...actually knocks me out pretty good. Down side is that its hugely difficult to get up in the morning and I feel kind of hung over. I'm hopeful that after fusion I can get off of this stuff.

I would get off that shit as soon as possible!

Do a quick Google search:

A further effect of long-term gabapentin use arises when a person who has been taking the medication for a long period of time tries to abruptly discontinue use. This places a lot of stress on the brain because it has gotten used to relying on the augmented GABA neurotransmitter production for improved functioning in the central nervous system. Taking the gabapentin away without proper care can lead to the development of distressing and potentially dangerous withdrawal systems, as the brain and body struggle to adapt to the sudden lack of gabapentin. For those with epilepsy, this is of special concern; without gabapentin, they are at risk for experiencing seizures, which can be very hazardous if they happen with other withdrawal symptoms.

Similarly, patients who were taking gabapentin to control their bipolar disorder could experience unpredictable and harmful mood swings, which can be dangerous if they happen during the withdrawal process.

The symptoms and severity of withdrawal symptoms depend on a number of different factors, some to do with the nature of the gabapentin consumption and some to do with the individual’s individual physiology. The longer the gabapentin consumption, the more difficult the withdrawal process usually is. It might last for a full week, if not longer, and the person’s symptoms will likely require the most time and care to endure. Due to this, people should not attempt to discontinue gabapentin without proper medical supervision. Not only will they risk a return of the conditions for which they had been prescribed gabapentin to begin with, but in the case of long-term gabapentin use, the effects can be so painful and distressing that there will be the temptation to go back to gabapentin, even if the intention behind discontinuation was to break the habit of using it. Withdrawal is a complex medical process of the brain trying to create new neurotransmitters after weeks and months of chemical suppression. Going back to gabapentin during such a vulnerable time will likely deepen the dependence on the drug and make the use of it even harder to break.

In order to mitigate the effects of trying to discontinue long-term use of gabapentin, patients should consult with a doctor on how best to taper off their use. This will likely entail remaining on gabapentin for a period of time while incorporating the use of other medications and therapies to treat the condition for which the gabapentin was prescribed.

Like any nerve medication, you're supposed to wean yourself off of it.

A general dullness can be expected and as pointed out above, take it before bed time, not in the AM.

The only side effect I had was constant hunger...

I dropped from 600mg tabs to 300mg caps. MUCH better for me waking up in the AM.

gabapentin...

also,
My son has been taking it for the nerve damage in his arm! He say it has helped with his pain!

gabapentin...

also,
Just remember this. Its FEELS better but its NOT better. Thats one of the trouble with pain meds (and I love them...to qualify that, I damaged the Axis and third vertebrae when I was about 5 years old ...65 years ago and have been in pain everyday since.), that they can make you feel so good you go out and make your condition worse. Use wisdom, brother.

Last edited: