• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Henderson precision

jackinfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
Fort lauderdale, Fl
I want to give a review of 2 products I got from Henderson Precision.
I picked up their 10" rail with the KMW kit and their U clamp with Harris adapter.

I had excellent customer service and direct communication via email from Todd.

I have 2 KMW Sentinel stocks and wanted to add rails. After much searching I found the Henderson precision kit. The kit consists of a t-nut and a spacer for the bottom of the stock and a replacement spacer for the normal bipod attachment rail.

Initially I was going to ship everything to get installed, but honestly the cost of shipping was the deterrent factor for me.

I decided to install this on my own. I watched several video on how to install a t-nut.

I have a drill press and decided to give it a go. Finding center and marking took the longest. I started with a 1/8" drill bit from the bottom and then used a 1/4" drill bit for the hole. This was all very easy. I used a 3/4" forstner bit to make the pocket for the t-nut. I went slow and it came out pretty good.

Next I tackled the spacer on the bottom of the stock. Todd's instructions was for this to sit approximately. 010-.015 proud....
Well, I went to deep with the forstner bit and the spacer sat flush to slightly below flush. AND, I realized I didn't drill square to the hole. So I had to go back in to get the insert to line up with the t-nut hole.

I used a 3/4" outer diameter washer to bring the insert back up to where I needed it.

Got everything assembled and I am happy with having done the work myself. Now, I will be completely honest I should have drove to a gunsmith I know. I have seen him use his computer aided mill to find exact center on stocks before. But wanted to try a project myself. Live and learn, right.

Now on to the U clamp. Todd said this is the best clamp no one has heard of.

He designed it to have strong clamping and holding pressure.

The removal if the factory Harris mount was super easy. Henderson precision included the correct screws to screw their Harris adapter to the U clamp. Super easy, I used blue loctite to keep the screws holding fast.

So, to close this. This is a project you can do yourself. I would have found center using a bit on the bottom insert, prior to drilling with the forstner bit.
However if you're wanting it done correctly first-time then consult a gunsmith. Based on your mechanical abilities, which mine are more bigger hammer than anything else.

I'm pleased with the products and super pleased with the customer service.
20200707_111722.jpg
20200707_111730.jpg
20200707_111712.jpg

Reactions: mmlook and MPrimo
Timely! I have a Sentinel that is going out to Short-Bus for paint and I am planning to go with this same rail system. Thanks for the post!