• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Henry Firearms

mtrmn

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 7, 2009
    Louisiana
    Guess this is as good a place as any to put this.
    I have to give a shout out to thank Henry Firearms Co. and give them some good rep. I have 6 grandkids and I bought each one a Henry H001 lever .22LR when they were born. I had their names laser engraved on the receivers. Only one of the kids is old enough to actually get his gun and he loves it, but the stock is still too long for him to properly shoulder the weapon. So I contacted Henry to see how much a youth model stock would be. I figured I could get one and swap it out between the guns as the kids grew into them. Well Henry responded by sending me a youth stock free of charge, which I considered a very kind and generous gesture from a stand-up American company. Thank you Henry!

I still find it hard to believe that they are made in NJ. I wonder for much longer?

I bought a Henry Youth for my son when he was 1. I bought for $100 from a local sporting good store that was going out of business. My son’s now 24, and still likes to shoot it.

Reactions: mtrmn
    Henry is "Golden" in more ways than one. Great bunch of folks when I've dealt with them.

Awesome firearms company with solid customer service policy and backing behind owners of any Henry rifle from any time period. They are legendary in the fact that, in an era before widespread international commerce was the norm, Henry, and Colt were able to market their revolutionary gun designs to pretty much the entire world in a very short time and the use of their guns in the US Civil War helped give them even more spotlight. During the Russo-Turkish War, many Ottoman infantrymen were issued a Henry as the mid-range compliment to their American built Peabody-Martini single shot rifles. Qing Dynasty magistrate and river gunship fleet admiral Zheng Guofan, who was instrumental in crushing the Taiping Rebellion, owned four Henrys with custom engraving and was the first Qing military official to begin updating the antiquated Chinese army's arsenal with repeating rifles.

Reactions: mtrmn