• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Henry lever actions .22

nitronova

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2010
henderson nv
I'm looking at one of these for my 10 year old boy. Are these pretty good rifles? I don't want him to have a semi auto until he gets older. These are in my price range any advice would be great.

Re: Henry lever actions .22

My son got one for Christmas one year from his grandfather. When I picked it up I was surprised and how well made it was. I still shoot that little 22LR when ever I get a chance. It will last for years to come and Henry's Customer Service is top notch.

Good to go
American made and Im pretty sure they are still family owned
If you are in the market for a lever action and the Henry meets you needs go for it

I bought one to shoot cowboy silhouette. Looked great and was very accurate.

Now for the bad part: The pot metal feed mechanism wore out in about 6-700 rounds. Lots of failures to feed.

Have you seen the Browning BL-22? I have one with a leup 2-7x28 on it, the LOP is a bit short for me but probably ideal for adolescent shooters.

I have the youth model and it has 2 to 3 thousand rounds out of it and no issues.

Thanks guys for all your help. I've decided to get the Henry after all of the support from the hide. I got him the full size not the youth as he is a big for his age and my Rossi pump is a youth. I like the hooded front sight on it and the gun feels good and solid and not a cheap POS. Anyways today is his birthday and I will let you guys know how his face is when he opens it up tonight. Thanks again hiders

Update. He couldn't stop smiling and talking about it all damn night. You would think someone just gave him big gold nugget. Lol. Thanks again guys and were going shooting Sunday.

Nice rifle. Marlin 39a is nicer, but a little pricey. The Henry is perfect for a child.

Might want to check on some bolt actions too. Savage mark II is less than 200 has the acu-trigger and pretty accurate out the box. CZ's 452 trainers are nice but cost a little more.

I had a Marlin and it was a dandy, However i still prefer the Henry's smooth action and crisp trigger. I want one in every caliber!