• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hensholdt Spotter 60

vivo

Minuteman
May 25, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Does anyone have any real world experience with this scope?
I am in the market for a new spotter and came across the other thread on spotters with reticles. It is exactly the thread I wanted to start.
In any event, I have a Spotter 60 being sent to me when a local LE agency finishes their demo of the unit. What I wanted to know specifically is about the reticle.
Is it difficult to call accurate shot corrections with that type of reticle(the standard L shaped mildot) opposed to a Horus?
Do you find yourselves using the center of the reticle or cheating the scope over to the right because of the placement of the scale?

My main reason for wanting the Hensholdt is because it fits all the criteria I set out for my new spotter(min.60x, reticle, FFP)

Any info would be appreciated as I will have a chance to buy this demo unit after I check it out.
Thanks in advance.

PS if someone thinks there is another spotter out there that is a better buy, please let me know.

Had one for about 4 years that my partner and I have used at virtually every match we've shot.

Glass = Best on the market
Toughest Spotter on the market.....we have beat the shit out of mine.
Never had a problem calling corrections or ranging with the L-Mildot on it.

We watched the trace on a .260 all the way into the 1600 yard target I was shooting at.

The only negative thing is I think starting at 20x is too much for most things inside 500 yards. If they had been selling the 15-45 version when I bought this, I would have gone with that one.

I also did not want the 20x lower end power. In my opinion that is too much for spotting closer distances. I have the 15-45 Spotter and I love it. Very bright/ clear glass and built like a tank.... although the price does reflect that. I'd suggest a 15-45 over the 20-60, and stay away from the regular mil dot reticle if your wanting to range things more accurately.

I also did not want the 20x lower end power. In my opinion that is too much for spotting closer distances. I have the 15-45 Spotter and I love it. Very bright/ clear glass and built like a tank.... although the price does reflect that. I'd suggest a 15-45 over the 20-60, and stay away from the regular mil dot reticle if your wanting to range things more accurately.

The version on its way to me is the 20-60x L shaped mildot reticle and I may be able to pick it up at a heavily discounted price. If I were to order from scratch, I would go for some form of Horus reticle but I would have to pay full pop and I can't afford that right now.

Thanks for the replies though!