• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt 3-12x56 SSG-P question

John D.

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2010
CT
I am in the market for another scope for a new .308 build. All of my previous tactical type scopes are either S&B or NF.

I was pretty much set on another S&B, probably a 3-20, when I saw this scope at a significant discount at EuroOptic. Outside of the upper end of magnification being 12x, it looks pretty impressive. I don't mind integral mounts.

I'm a civilian shooter taking up the long range game after years of AR shooting. I don't compete and I really don't shoot for micro groups. I just am addicted to hitting steel. This is a relaxing hobby that keeps me out of bars.

CT is obviously not blessed with long ranges but my buddy and I have a place that will allow us just a tad over 900 yards in NY. While I realize that is not even half way for a lot of you, it's pretty far for me right now.

I understand the need not to cheap on glass (if $3250 could be considered being cheap, I'm in over my head) so I don't mind spending what I need to. For some reason, I just keep staring at this scope. Anyone here have one/use one/have an opinion on it?

Thank you.

Re: Hensoldt 3-12x56 SSG-P question

Its a Great scope but its not for everyone.

The built in mount puts the scope higher than most shooters here like. I have two and love them but If you plan on putting it on a bolt action rifle I would look at something else.

The mount is a issue unless you put a adj. pad on your stock JMHO

I also have one and it's very difficult due to its heigt.
I would advice for another solution.
Håkan

Thank you very much for the information. The height is something I would not have thought about which shows you how much I have to learn.