• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt 4-16x56 mil dot reticle design question!

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
Jupp,

I am about to get me one of these nice scopes, however I am sort of confused about the design if the mildot in the FFP version,

is it the hollow dot like on a nr 63 reticle

or is it the solid dot like on a nr 43 reticle.

This will be sort of a deal breaker for me, are they hollow great othervise I´ll just get a PMII.

Best regards Chris

Re: Hensoldt 4-16x56 mil dot reticle design question!

They are solid....and a thing of beauty.

You'll like the Hensoldt much more than the PMII, you might as well start selling other scopes because you'll want all your glass to be Hensoldt.

Should I have just bought a Hensoldt rather than another S&B? Are they really that good?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should I have just bought a Hensoldt rather than another S&B? Are they really that good?</div></div>

Only the <span style="font-style: italic">cool kids</span> use Hensoldt, so I would stick to your S&B...

by the way, dig the new reticle Nathan...
wink.gif

Take a look at both if possible.
I have both and prefer the S&B.
Although you really can't go wrong with either one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should I have just bought a Hensoldt rather than another S&B? Are they really that good?</div></div>

Only the <span style="font-style: italic">cool kids</span> use Hensoldt, so I would stick to your S&B...

wink.gif
</div></div>Hahah, thanks LL, when I get cool enough, I'll buy one!

Thanks guys,

I´ll be getting me self one of those Hensoldts then,

as for selling stuff I have sold a 6-24x56 Zeiss and will be selling a 4-12x42 SuB to get this scope,

so I am glad that you say that the rest of the scopes will become redundant.

/Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should I have just bought a Hensoldt rather than another S&B? Are they really that good?</div></div>

wink.gif
</div></div>

Glad you like it!

I guess you got it then...

I think this may call for a video...
grin.gif

wink.gif
</div></div>

You're talking about the NH1 reticle huh?

Hudisco - Is Hensoldt going to release a 6-24 FFP NH1 CCW?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJ Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LL: Yes - but do they make you taller!!!</div></div>

it does if I stand on it... even more so if its mounted and I stand on it on the rifle.

Nathan,
I to am loving the new ret. very well thought out.
I will be doing some shooting out to 1000 meters tomorrow to see how it does.
laugh.gif

LS

Does anyone know if the NH-1 reticle can or will ever be availble for retro fitting and if not any news on it being available on a 3-12x56 ffp in the near future? It's the only reason why I would part with my Hensoldt - to get another.