• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt 6-24x72

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
I recently purchased a Zeiss Hensoldt 6-24x72 (mil), mildot reticle from Mike @ CSTACTICAL. I told him I would post some pictures and a quick review. First of all, if you are going to purchase Hensoldt, call Mike Cecil. He is a great guy, very knowledgeable about his products and easy to work with. He gave me a hell of a deal, I won't say for what amount but it was enough of a deal to go ahead and purchase from him.

The scope itself and my initial thoughts were:
1) The scope's objective is massive! You kind of feel like a nerd looking thru a telescope. The scope is heavy, at least 3.5 pounds minus the rings.
2) It took 1.275" rings for the objective to clear the barrel on a Surgeon XL.
3) This is the clearest scope I have ever looked thru
4) The clarity and edge to edge picture is amazing. In fact the scope gathers so much light that during my range session I got burnt. I had to wear Oakleys for the rest of the day, and by this time it was 6:30pm EST.
5) Clicks are audible and noticeable
6) The image stays crisp and clear at all magnifications, the reticle is VERY easy to range with.

I can go on and on, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. This is a hell of a scope and Mike is Good TO GO!

rh93rk.jpg

2afzgwn.jpg

67pdtu.jpg

Re: Hensoldt 6-24x72

Damn KYS, you always have the cool stuff. That second picture is great!

I really dig that stock! What can is that?

pc

What size Butler Creek caps for that thing?? Ha ha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sherman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What size Butler Creek caps for that thing?? Ha ha </div></div>

Dont really need them. It comes with a nice bikini style cover.

The second photo, how much effort when in to aligning camera with the scope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phreakmode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The second photo, how much effort when in to aligning camera with the scope? </div></div>

As much as me laying down, focusing the lens and pushing the button!

The objective is so big you really dont have to try hard. I just thought it was a cool picture! A high quality camera makes all the difference in photo taking. Im still a novice with the camera, learning as I go.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FSRbikr98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is ridiculous! good looking scope, how much does the rifle weight with everything pictured? </div></div>

I don't have a scale at home but I can weight it at my office. I'd guess at 20 pounds.

KYS
My recomendation is go get the sunshade for it, that scope really needs it to. I am often using it with both sunshade and the rubber shield in the other end and that is also great when there is rain as no rain reaches the lenses.

Håkan

That scares me if you got burnt. I can't imagine anything around my eye being sun burned or any kind of burned..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KYS
My recomendation is go get the sunshade for it, that scope really needs it to. I am often using it with both sunshade and the rubber shield in the other end and that is also great when there is rain as no rain reaches the lenses.

Håkan </div></div>

Probably cant do a sunshade on this setup. If you will look at the pictures, there is the Badger NV rail and that inhibits me from being able to use the shade. I think a polarizer or something to break up the lens would help out. Now when I say "burnt" I dont mean to the point I was in pain. My eye was fatigued but come sundown I could continue ringing steel as my buddys sat and spotted. I was gathering more light and could shoot for longer.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phreakmode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The second photo, how much effort when in to aligning camera with the scope? </div></div>

As much as me laying down, focusing the lens and pushing the button!

The objective is so big you really dont have to try hard. I just thought it was a cool picture! A high quality camera makes all the difference in photo taking. Im still a novice with the camera, learning as I go.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I think the photo speaks tremendously for the Hensoldt glass used, pretty impressive!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you can see Uranus w/ that thing!
grin.gif
</div></div>

sick.gif

Nice rifle adam. I was in the shop with mark when he was building it. Had no idea you were gonna run a Hensoldt on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle adam. I was in the shop with mark when he was building it. Had no idea you were gonna run a Hensoldt on it. </div></div>

Well I had a NF F1 on it when I picked it up from Mark. But Mike @ CS talked me into this one. He is a tricky fella!

Kys

There is a sunshade that is clampable and quickly to take on and off. If you take that and cut a 7/8" wide slot in the underside it will easaly be on the scope without touching the NV rail.

Håkan

They do call it the "Baby Hubble", so maybe you could see Uranus through it! Saw one at SHOT I think about two years ago with the digital display including the ranging feature, and it was very sharp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They do call it the "Baby Hubble", so maybe you could see Uranus through it! Saw one at SHOT I think about two years ago with the digital display including the ranging feature, and it was very sharp. </div></div>

Yes I know exactly what your talking about. I saw them at SHOT this year. The one your talking about is basically a computer with lenses. It also retails at like $12,000.00
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kys

There is a sunshade that is clampable and quickly to take on and off. If you take that and cut a 7/8" wide slot in the underside it will easaly be on the scope without touching the NV rail.

Håkan </div></div>

Thank you. I will look into it

Looking at Uranus with the Hensoldt Baby Hubble would require some incredible contorsion!
blush.gif
laugh.gif