• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt illum question

Bart

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2005
Amarillo, Tx
Hello all,
Is there anyone in North America that still services Hensoldt scopes?
I have a 4-16 in which the illumination is not working...
If anyone else has had this problem, shoot me a pm please!

Call EuroOptic in PA. They can send it in for repairs.

Reactions: kl7883
Thanks! Did that, they stated hensoldt "fell of the face of the earth" and that they had no good contact info...

Really? They just sent one back maybe 2 years ago for me.

Have you tried Zeiss? They were marketing the Hensoldt 4-16s 10ish years ago, and reviews said they were covered by the Zeiss US service center.

Hensoldt has a North American office for their military business. It is around DC somewhere. https://hensoldt-na.com/

Every once in a while I hear reverberation that they might start playing in the US civilian market, but all of that is unconfirmed.

It is a long shot, but if all else fails, you can try to contact them.

ILya

Reactions: Crosswind
I have contacted Hensoldt NA before and got prompt service. It was not for repairs but for technical info on a couple Spotter 60 dimensions.

Ilya and Conqueror,
Thank you both! Left a voice mail, no return call, and my email to thier customer support bounced back....
Thanks to all for the assist!

IIRC I sent a message through their “contact us” thing on the website and heard back a day or two later.

Ilya and Conqueror,

Thanks for the assist!!!

Regarding 6-24 x 72 SAM

I tried Zeiss with no luck. The more I think about it the more I think nothing is actually wrong with the scope anyway. I was more or less using it in bench rest style shooting, not at all what it was intended for...The parallax is just exceedingly hard to set....I wonder if it is somehow related to the giant objective and relatively short scope.

Since it is not the correct scope for my mission I will probably sell it.

Reactions: Conqueror