• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hensoldt Spotter 60 accessory rail question.

John D.

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2010
CT
I recently purchased a Spotter 60 from a fellow member. Came with the cleaning kit and Triad Tactical's fitted cover. The only thing it did not have that I need is the accessory rail for the left hand side so as mount a red dot.

As Hensoldt has for all intents and purposes disappeared from the US, parts are nil. There was a company making exact copies but they stopped doing it. Short of going full Badger Ordinance on the thing ( if you can even find that) is anyone aware of somebody making these things? Has anyone ever made their own which I guess I can try as well? Thank you.

Get the badger ordnance full setup, acts like a metal roll cage for a very expensive and impossible to warranty piece of glass.

Get the badger ordnance full setup, acts like a metal roll cage for a very expensive and impossible to warranty piece of glass.
I never thought about it as protection but just as overkill just to mount a red dot. But you have a very valid point. I'll start looking for one. Thanks HH.

Reactions: TheHebrewHammer
I agree…The Catseye Objective cover is also an added protective feature that solves the Objective Lense exposure problem and is sold separately…I waited 2 years for that thing.

It’s an excellent option, because the Hensoldt has a proprietary size objective…M73mm x 0.75 and the BO S.L.I.C.K. construction eliminates the use of a Hensoldt sunshade being used. Without the BO Catseye, there’s no good way to cover the Objective Lense properly.

Badger Ordinance all the way! You’ll figure out other goodie’s to be mounted as well…

I recommend at least a KAC Level as a minimum: 123.95 Gen 2

Reactions: SkyScrapin
OK. Bought the S.L.I.C.K.-H and the objective lens protector today right from Badger Ordinance. Nice $1100 shot to the Black Ops Fund. You're all enablers...and I can respect that. Lol. Thank you.

Reactions: TheHebrewHammer
Good…You’ll love it! I actually had all the rails for all the positions (I think 5?) and sold them and the Sunshade for the SLICK…you’ll be happy…the install is tedious and time consuming and the instructions aren’t very good, just set it all out on a big table with towels or a blanket…Just another spoonful of caster oil…You got it down!

Reactions: Eliteuas
LRIs website says they are not making them anymore.

EDIT:

I stuck my foot in my mouth. Were sold out, and I dropped the ball on getting them on the production schedule. Oopth!

That'll get resolved this week, we're chewing on M16 extractors on one of our machines, and I'm about to run some M249 parts for a guy on the other stuff. Those go pretty quickly, though.

We'll get this handled rikky tikk.

Last edited:
DOH!!!!
LOL

I read it three times on your site awhile ago to make sure. You made me think I f-ed up for a second there. Thanks for letting us know!

So I just bought one of LRI's version. And I swung the extra buck for the insurance. It's nice to have choices. I'm going to stop now before one of you recommends something else. Bastids. 😆 🤣 Thanks.

Got a message already from Kalli informing me of the wait. Nice service! Thank you.

In the machine naw!

Attachments

• 16631918374476520594917761438682.jpg
    16631918374476520594917761438682.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 16631918524106196083511259624227.jpg
    16631918524106196083511259624227.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: camocorvette
LRI for the motherfucking win! Beautiful machining and finish. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• 20220921_161519.jpg
    20220921_161519.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220921_161616.jpg
    20220921_161616.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: LRI
Thanks for this post, John. I too needed some Henny rails. I had no idea where to find a set. Also, thanks to LRI for manufacturing such an esoteric piece...and doing it well...and for a reasonable price...(y)(y)(y)

LRI got right on it and made a beautiful piece. Very impressive. Glad you got hooked up too. Unfortunately, it appears that Hensoldt has taken their toys and left the playground.

Just an FYI, gents.

The last pair of these sold today. I've pulled it from the store as we've not had any traffic on these for a while. If it ever becomes a "mass feeding" type piece again, we'll revisit it.

Thank you again!

C.

Just an FYI, gents.

The last pair of these sold today. I've pulled it from the store as we've not had any traffic on these for a while. If it ever becomes a "mass feeding" type piece again, we'll revisit it.

Thank you again!

C.
So what you're saying is that mine are now worth thousands. 😆 🤣