• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt Spotter 60 Advice Please..

fasteddie

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2004
Utah
Who is the most reliable vendor for this item? Will it be realistically possible to obtain a discount on one?

Tanks,
Edward

Re: Hensoldt Spotter 60 Advice Please..

Euro optics or sportoptics, maybe 5% can be saved off it.

With the changes at Hensoldt/Zeiss I'm not sure if they are importing them right now. They might be working out some import issues with the HDC kind of merging with Zeiss. To find one in stock might be the hard part. Try SWFA, CStactical, not sure of others.

As for the price, everything is negotiable.

Jason, who is HDC and what's going on? I haven't been paying attention.

HDC is Nathan Hunt, he was bought out and is now VP at Zeiss for something different. The Hensoldt line is supposedly wrapped into the regular sport optics group in VA but I haven't heard from any of them in a bit.

I tried reaching out because I need a new eye piece cup as I broke mine for the Spotter 60 but nobody has answered ?

Seems to be in flux regarding Hensoldt in the US right now ?

Thanks, I thought HDC sounded familiar (Hunt Distribution Co) but just couldn't remember.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out this place http://www.mil-optics.de/Seite-31
Export prices are in the far right column.
Spotter 60 is around $3400 plus shipping. The price may be outdated, i don't know. </div></div>

If you can find a Spotter 60 for $3,400 I have two words of advice: BUY IT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out this place http://www.mil-optics.de/Seite-31
Export prices are in the far right column.
Spotter 60 is around $3400 plus shipping. The price may be outdated, i don't know. </div></div>

If you can find a Spotter 60 for $3,400 I have two words of advice: BUY IT! </div></div>

Hell buy two at that price. Cause your never going to see it again.

Amen to that
smile.gif
.... Sincere thanks for the sage advice!

Ed

When I bought my Spotter 60 about a year ago, I was told there was only a small discount available because the seller's margin (the difference between the list price and dealer cost) is small (and I was even paying by check, not a credit card). It would be unusual to find one "in stock" because of their high cost; it took a month or so for my dealer to get one from Zeiss.

Check out Midway? Says available Zeiss #: 10139258. Don't know if it is in their warehouse or if they would have to contact Zeiss to ship one out.

Note that the Midway product description says that it will "ship separately." I'm guessing that means it comes from the Zeiss distributor, which is/was HDC. No harm in calling them and getting the straight scoop.