• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Her Title: Cryptologic Technician. Her Occupation: Warrior.

RedRyder

Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
I came across this NY Times article. I'm going to post the link to the article but I don't know if it is still a live link. The title of the article is in the subject line of this thread - you may be able to find it that way. I've never thought highly of women in combat roles but if this article is accurate and not some made-up crap promoting women's "rights" to engage in combat, I'm going to have to re-think my opinion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/us/shannon-kent-military-spy.html

It's the NYT. While I morn the loss of any soldier, sailor, or airman, you can trust nothing in the NYT. In the article they say that over a dozen women have now passes ranger training. Let us create a hypothetical situation, suppose you have a critical wound that must be treated within the next 15 minutes or you are going to die. The nearest treatment is one mile away. The only way you are going to get there is if someone carries you. A recent ranger grad is available, but only one. Do you want it to be a male or a female?

Reactions: Bender
It's the NYT. While I morn the loss of any soldier, sailor, or airman, you can trust nothing in the NYT. In the article they say that over a dozen women have now passes ranger training. Let us create a hypothetical situation, suppose you have a critical wound that must be treated within the next 15 minutes or you are going to die. The nearest treatment is one mile away. The only way you are going to get there is if someone carries you. A recent ranger grad is available, but only one. Do you want it to be a male or a female?

Are they both held to the same standard for successful completion of the course? Where did each finish in the course, assuming equivalence of standard? If the chick was 3rd and the dude was last- but passing- I'll take the chick...

Are they both held to the same standard for successful completion of the course? Where did each finish in the course, assuming equivalence of standard? If the chick was 3rd and the dude was last- but passing- I'll take the chick...

The standards are lowered to accommodate the "new" candidates so they can pass.

Reactions: Huskydriver

Option #3 I'll just walk. I've seen supply geeks w Ranger Tabs....but I'll walk w the girl cause she has tits if I get bored.

Reactions: Velocity Chad
Not a fan of the NY Times either. I'd like to know where they get the stats that over a dozen women passing the Ranger course. IF that is the case, why haven't we heard more about these women? The way the liberal press trumpets any perceived validation of their views, you'd have thought a dozen women earning a tab would be front page news.

I remember that woman navy pilot who died trying to land on a carrier. She was pushed and “passed” through flight school with lower standards just so they could have a “woman” pilot. PC cost her life. But to a leftist, the ends justify the means.

The level of crying if you made all 18 year old women register with selective services would be epic.

They want to be equal until they have to carry an equal load because 'look at me, look at me!!' doesn't happen when you're doing shit you're supposed to be doing.

Let me know when we all golf from the same tee.

Let me know when there aren't separate PT standards

Let me know when standards aren't lowered so women can pass where otherwise they'd have a 95%+ failure rate

Let me know when a women finally manages to pass the Marine infantry officer course

Let me know when the bullshit mentality of 'i want to do this because a guy does it' instead of selflessly doing whatever needs to be done to achieve the mission, finally fucking ends

Until then you're a fucking liability because you're going to be too busy trying to tell me how you can do your job just like a man, instead of shutting your fucking mouth and watching your corner.

@TheGerman

While I agree with your points, do you think the "politicians with stars" aren't/won't go along with this great "social experiment" foisted on the military by those who could care less about the combat effectiveness implications or the potential costs of making their brave new world? The goalpost will continue to be moved....

Reactions: Bender
Her husband sounds like she wore the pants in the family.

Hey, Progressives.

Guess what.

Women are different than Men.

-Everyone else-

There is a reason why, since the dawn of human settlement into hunting - gathering and later, agricultural societies, traditional gender roles have always stayed the same. Across multitudes of different cultures separated by vast distances. The same across the world...........Women are nurturers, caretakers and teachers of the very young. Men are hunters and protectors. And that is how society have evolved and transitioned from an agrarian to a highly advanced technological civilization that we have today.

It is only in the most recent years that some people with nothing better to do started perverting every possible traditional social structure that they can lay their obese and pancake-syrup covered hands on, and convincing other likeminded people to do the same.

Perhaps we are living in a time where there is just too few challenges and threats to our very survival as a society. We are way too smug, overfed and careless, and have too much time to waste on nonsense.

After all, only a society at full content produces philosophers. Those which are constantly competing for limited resources tend to produce true soldiers.

Reactions: Crews
You all have pretty good points.

I’ve seen plety of little men in special operations, and I’m pretty sure a bigger framed woman would be equally capable.

IF the selection process is the same, not made easier, I’ve got not problem with whomever is whatever combat role.

Most of the people I’ve met over the years had one thing in comon: The ability to adapt and over come.

Yeah, there are huge guys with ridiculous amounts of muscle... but that is not all operators, not even close.

rvvovduszdly.jpg

a bigger framed woman? every top tier guy i knew, wasnt real big generally speaking. i would be you the vast majority of them were under 165. it aint about muscle, never has been. it;s about the biological differences that give males the edge in physical combat.
and before you tell me it doesnt matter, then why are there not women in the nfl? male versus female in the UFC and other fighting orgs?
this is stupid, and i have better things to do. they couldnt make it unless the fix was in. that is what it boils down to. so they havent earned the right. not even from the beginning. wanting to....doesnt meet the standard.