• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here Comes The Precedent For Liability Insurance

nick338

Commander- of what I have no idea
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013

San Jose Will Force Gun Owners to Cover Costs of Gun Violence After Mass Shooting​

Jamie Ross
Wed, June 30, 2021, 10:35 AM·2 min read

Reuters/Peter DaSilva

Reuters/Peter DaSilva
Just five weeks after last month’s massacre at a San Jose light-rail yard that left nine people dead, the city has taken unprecedented gun-control action.
In a unanimous vote Tuesday night, San Jose’s city council approved a national first that will see gun owners being forced to compensate taxpayers for the spiraling costs of gun violence. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, gun owners in California’s third-largest city will be required to take out liability insurance for their firearms, and pay an annual tax that will help fund emergency responses to gun-related calls.
In a news release ahead of Tuesday night’s vote, San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo said: “While the Second Amendment protects the right to bear arms, it does not require taxpayers to subsidize gun ownership... We won’t magically end gun violence, but we stop paying for it. We can also better care for its victims, and reduce gun-related injuries and death.”
- ADVERTISEMENT -

‘Bipolar’ San Jose Shooter Was Accused of Rape, Spooked Neighbors
The vote came one month after 57-year-old Valley Transportation Authority employee Samuel Cassidy carried out the worst mass shooting in Bay Area history. On May 26, Cassidy shot nine of his colleagues dead and then, when the police showed up, he turned the gun on himself. After the shooting, investigators found rifles, shotguns, handguns, and around 25,000 rounds of ammunition at the gunman’s home.
According to the Chronicle, the exact details of the gun tax are yet to be worked out. City officials haven’t decided exactly how much they’ll charge gun owners each year as the cost will be determined after an academic study calculates how much gun violence costs the city. The mayor’s office recently estimated its costs at around $442 million every year.
The move is expected to face legal challenges from gun-rights groups.
ABC7 reported that the Sacramento-based Firearms Policy Coalition already announced plans to sue the city, but Mayor Liccardo sounded optimistic that his proposals will stand. “I’m confident that we’re on the right side of the Constitution,” he said. “We’ve got a lot of smart attorneys that have been working with us, and a lot of organizations.”
The new financial measures are the second round of gun-control proposals enacted since last month’s mass shooting. Two weeks ago, San Jose officials also passed a law that requires gun retailers to record all firearm purchases on camera in order to make gun owners easier to trace.
Liccaro celebrated the new vote in a tweet on Tuesday night, writing: “This is a landmark decision for taking action against gun violence.”

Liberals are truly the dumbest forms of life on the planet. Since this was in response to a mass shooting, I'd like to know how many mass shooters are going to give a fuck about owning liability insurance before they attempt to kill as many people as possible before they are either killed by law enforcement or run out of bullets in which case the cowards usually save the last one for themselves.

So what insurance company is even going to want to touch this? These are not accidental or negligent behaviors, they are fucking premeditated acts of terrorism.

So in typical dumbass liberal response, let's force the people that obey the law all the time to do something we know means nothing to the scumbag that has already decided to commit murder, purchase an illegal firearm to do it if necessary, skirt the liability insurance and end their own useless life in the process.

Well thought out as usual.

Hmmm,...wouldn't it be the best and easiest course of action to make the criminal pay for the costs associated with the crime? If the criminal is dead go after the family.

Hmmm,...wouldn't it be the best and easiest course of action to make the criminal pay for the costs associated with the crime? If the criminal is dead go after the family.

No the Communist politicians and liberal cunts that have fostered the type of behavior that has destroyed the country should start paying for these acts.

Pretty much settled law already... shouldn't take long...
p.s. What about Obama's fast-n-furious program that delivered weapons directly to criminals?

Pretty much settled law already... shouldn't take long...
p.s. What about Obama's fast-n-furious program that delivered weapons directly to criminals?

So a State cannot tax a right under the Constitution, but the Federal Government can?

Sounds like a poll tax to me.

im really glad to hear all the gang bangers are all on board with purchasing liability insurance for their illegally acquired guns.

im sure the mentally ill will double check their premiums are paid up before they go on a rampage.

So a State cannot tax a right under the Constitution, but the Federal Government can?
I can't wrap my head around it either... let alone ObamaCare = It's a tax

Since the funds are to be used to deal with gun violence in the general public, you could also argue then this is unequal taxation... since "everybody" gets the "benefit" of policing or whatever they are claiming.

Obamacare wasn't a tax it was a penalty.

And was ruled legal under the power of congress to tax. (Read the ruling I shit you not). That's the twisted kinda of logic we get to work with. If all the legalese confuses you just image the the Emperor (then Chancellor) from the Phantom Menace (apologies for referencing the prequels):

"I will make it legal"

ill tell you what, i will happily pay that...but it comes with a condition...ALL elected official have to pay a "govt damage tax"....you know, for whenever someone sues federal, state, or local govt, and damages are awarded.....that way tax payers dont have to pay for it.

also, they cannot use their govt salaries to pay for it (ie, tax payer money)....so they are all forced to get real jobs, and all income generated from that goes straight into the "govt damage tax" fund.

Last edited:
I can't wrap my head around it either... let alone ObamaCare = It's a tax

Since the funds are to be used to deal with gun violence in the general public, you could also argue then this is unequal taxation... since "everybody" gets the "benefit" of policing or whatever they are claiming.

If it could be applied Federally, I suppose the tax stamp for silencers and fully automatic weapons would go by the wayside.
It also seems like this case would similarly be applicable to CCL's.

Reactions: NoDopes
Eat a bag of rancid , razor riddeled , poisonous cobra dicks Mother Fuckers . Yeah I'll pay for some libtard , nar nar neckbeard , rainbow reach around pos that popped his cork right after I mail out the reparations check . Keep pokin the Bear assholes .

Well this is all backed off of the law they wanted to put in place earlier and make everyone who is of hispanic or african decent to get insurance for the ms-13, bloods, crips and other gangs. See how THAT works?

Lots of the right will do anything for a safety sales pitch, wonder how many here think forced car insurance is kosher

I'd expect nothing less than a false equivalence strawman argument from you. Not taking the bait, troll

You antifa or something? You just call names and don’t address the point.

I’m happy to go point counterpoint with almost anyone, it appears you just want to fling poo

So what’s your opinion on gov mandated auto insurance?

IMHO it’s BS, the government should not force people to buy a product.

You antifa or something? You just call names and don’t address the point.

I’m happy to go point counterpoint with almost anyone, it appears you just want to fling poo

So what’s your opinion on gov mandated auto insurance?

IMHO it’s BS, the government should not force people to buy a product.
We'll technically, driving is a privilege, not a constitutional right, so you probably shouldn't compare them when having a constitutional discussion.

We'll technically, driving is a privilege, not a constitutional right, so you probably shouldn't compare them when having a constitutional discussion.

How is it a privilege to drive a vehicle I bought in my own country and on roads my taxes paid for? I hear that a lot but I don’t really buy it.

And again, sure let’s go with that, so on that note I should be forced to buy things?
Maybe force everyone to buy a Tesla for green BS, can’t afford it, well it’s a privilege from the crown peasant

The auto insurance is also very child like, if you crash into me it’s not FAAAIIIRRRR if you can’t fix everything, well cupcake life ain’t fair, if YOU are worried, YOU go buy some insurance.

But all it takes is one reporter to have their Emmy moment and scare some pandering politician to sell some “safety” to the safety whores of America, the price is always the same for “safety” some more rights get tilted into privileges a little more.

Last edited:
This was nothing more than the city council trying to talk tough on the gun issue. They have to pander to the other fucking libtards that inhabit SJC...someone must be trying to move up their ranks

This will be immediately struck down....won't even be looked at by the infamously liberal 9th Circuit

Eat a bag of rancid , razor riddeled , poisonous cobra dicks Mother Fuckers . Yeah I'll pay for some libtard , nar nar neckbeard , rainbow reach around pos that popped his cork right after I mail out the reparations check . Keep pokin the Bear assholes .

This post made me perform research...

So is this like the urban dictionary cobra dick or an actual cobra dick?

Context is needed.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Making a new law is not setting a precedent. That is not what a precedent is.

Correct in a court of law sense, first they have to fuck someone over with the law, then the victim needs to have enough dollars and sense to fight said BS law, and then we see if the government employee judge sides with the government.

Now in the court of public opinion, where talking like this BS is OK, and not having people laugh at the idea on the air to the point people are afraid to even bring this insurance BS up, well might not be precedent, but it’s building normalcy

Reactions: RUTGERS95
How is it a privilege to drive a vehicle I bought in my own country and on roads my taxes paid for? I hear that a lot but I don’t really buy it.
I have said this many times. I don’t buy that at all. Just like I don’t buy that hunting is a privilege. This is not to say, that I think it should be open with no restrictions or proper management.

On the topic of insurance. For a long time we have allowed the “precedent of laws” requiring insurance on automobiles. Laws are the pathway to “Stare Decisis”.

Just like with things like seatbelt laws, DUI checkpoints et al, we tolerate these and never concern ourselves with what they may encompass in the future. I believe (feel free to correct me) these have gone before SCOTUS.

It seems our only play now, is to differentiate enumerated specific rights from other more loosley defined rights.

So they want gun owners to pay for gun violence? Then why do I pay school taxes when I have no kids? I want a refund.
AMEN brother!!!! I've heard the argument "you benefit from an educated society." Uhhh, really? From what I can tell education is now about hating your country, pulling history out of one's arse and saying it's fact, math is racist, science is something you trust when it's pulled out of the ass of a guy who looks like he had fetal alcohol syndrome, and teaching that there are more than 2 sexes. Ummmm, ok, that's an educated society? Really? And I'm now better off?

You can be educated and still be a fucking moron. I've lived in or near a college town for over 30 years. Believe me, I've seen some dumb shit.

You can be educated and still be a fucking moron. I've lived in or near a college town for over 30 years. Believe me, I've seen some dumb shit.
every person should know Calvin Coolidge's poem on persistence

How do they know who is a gun owner?
There was a guy on the OAN news tonight that was talking about how the ATF is currently forcing FFL dealers who go out of business or close shop to turn over thier purchase history. There ya go. There is your list. I guarantee every one of them will hand over the history.
That needs to be stopped and the database destroyed.

There was a guy on the OAN news tonight that was talking about how the ATF is currently forcing FFL dealers who go out of business or close shop to turn over thier purchase history. There ya go. There is your list. I guarantee every one of them will hand over the history.
That needs to be stopped and the database destroyed.
I'm pretty careful about where I buy from. Some of the ffl guys will definitely turn stuff over, then other will have unfortunate accidents and not be able to.

Fucktard logic at it's finest.

They have one mass shooting by an otherwise normal man who kills 9 people. What fucking insurance policy will cover the costs of that????? If you get a $1,000,000 then no one will get anything except
attorneys and the local government scumbags, no actual people will receive a dime.

If you are a previously convicted felon, as is the case 87% of the time, then you are a fucking scumbag and will not have insurance because it was illegal for you to have the god damned gun in the first place.

So, in typical leftist fashion you are both shifting the blame for criminal behavior and shifting the costs of criminal activity to people who are neither criminals nor are they responsible for the problem and adding yet another tax on the working class people who dare to try and live their lives in your shit-filled, crime ridden crap hole cities.

Then like the fucktard we all know and love.......................................your dumb ass gets upset when working people flee your city and businesses move away to areas where fucktards are less of a problem.

This is why I support abortion.

Reactions: Pbgt and Jgunner
call me a criminal but there is no way in hell I am registering my guns so what in all that makes them think I am going to be willing to register my guns and pay them anything .