• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here is a good article explaining why Mattis is on his way out

I wonder who his preferred replacement is?

Hopefully the Ninja is on the same page as Trump.

If he quits, will the Communist politicians that hated him & opposed his nominitation suddenly be waxing lyrical about how great he is and how Trump is so bad for letting him go?
Of course they will. It's a standard MO for them.

Seems the warrior princess or whatever bullshit the jarheads have taken to calling Mr Ivy league does not like rocking the MIC norms, afraid of offending china, Europe and Russia by going full in on defending ourselves. if true he needs to hang his head and go back to the girl scouts.

on the other hand I did like the way he handled killing 300 Russians in Syria, but maybe he had no choice as the A Team did what they did before he knew about it.

Reactions: gigamortis
If Mattis is bailing out, that's not a comment on Mattis; it's a comment on the Fucks he's giving the finger.

If Mattis is bailing out, that's not a comment on Mattis; it's a comment on the Fucks he's giving the finger.
If Mattis is more concerned with the status quo than building Americas defenses then he needs to go. His job is not to spare Germany from having to contribute to its own defence, his job is to work toward building the best defence he can for America. If he puts NATO in front of America then he needs to go.

He needs to learn his place in the chain of command. Seems he forgot where he is and where he is supposed to be.

To Mattis' credit he hasn't tried to up end any tradition held dear by the military nor gone active SJW unlike Mabbus.

but Mattis is a product of the MIC otherwise he wouldnt have been Gen Mattis prior to 2016. Sure he may have had his issues with Obam but the swamp was alive and well for a much longer time.

As a swamp creature perhaps he personally prefers Trumps message but he needs to have the courage to go all in.

Does he work for America or does he work for entrenched bureaucrats?

America elected Trump do your job or get out. Elevate a 1st Lieutenant, USA to Sec Def if that is what is needed to put America first.

I wonder if Gen Kelly is there to try to tame the rough edges of the non politician or if he is a "Delayer in Chief" at times.

No probs with Kelly from what I observed so far.

Good to hear an observation that supports my hopes.

Ill be attending a USMC luncheon with Cmmndt Neller 11/12/2018.

Two years ago he was host of this luncheon and as Poolees marched through the hall to be administered the oath of enlistment a "good natured" round of "You'll be sorrreee" and "Ohh Rah!" made it around the function hall.

Before making his presentation of the oath he dressed down the attendees considering it "out of order".

"You'll be sorrreee!" is a WWII USMC addition and there were a number of WWII, Korea, Vietnam and post Vietnam vets egaging in a little bit of fun challenging those that expect to wear an EGA.

Struck me as kind of candy ass for a four star.

Ive been at the event with Dunford , Al Gray and Kelly in attendance at other times. All seemed to be able to have a good time. Al Gray doesnt have a pretentious bone in his body, you would follow his orders no matter how dangerous because you know he would be right there with you. Kelly was similar if a bit reserved and Id imagine being at such events with numerous junior grade officers in attendance he should be allowed his melancholy. He brought a Colonel with him from WW BN that was a hard charger.

Kelly is a smart street wise Boston guy. He has good reason based on what his family has sacrificed to put America first,

Mattis already rebuffed it as fake news. I would have thought you guys would have smelled the bullshit right through your screen...

“Like most of those kinds of things in this town, somebody cooks up a headline, they then call to a normally chatty class of people, they find a couple other things to put in, they add their rumor, somebody on the other coast starts writing the same thing, next thing you know you’ve got a story," Mattis said. "It’ll die down … how many times have we been through this now, just since I’ve been here.”
“It’ll die down soon and the people who started the rumor will be allowed to write the next rumor, too. That’s the way the town is, keep a sense of humor about it,” Mattis said.