• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here today, gone tomorrow. Bombshell stories that disappeared like a fart in the wind...

LuckyDuck

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    Do we have any members here that still remember scandalous/bombastic stories that on one day encapsulated the entirety of the news and then suddenly vanished without any resolution or follow through shortly afterwards? I can recollect a few. The inspiration for this thread in particular though that I'm wondering about this evening is whatever happened with the investigation into the "Panama Papers" from however many years ago?

Anyone else remember otherwise damning stories that were swept under the proverbial rug? I know, I know- ASGH right?

-LD

Last edited:
    - ASGH right?

-LD
    ASGH = Austrian Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
    JK

I believe the popular term was memory-holing. The faster a story drops off the front page and the 24-hr CNN stream, the sooner it is forgotten. Or, edited footage is introduced to conform to the original story. I know what I heard from the footage at the Harvest Festival in 2017 as Jason Aldean was on stage and starting a song. I thought Ma Deuce and someone else said the 240.

In any case, you search YT now and you will see the footage but the soundtrack has the sound of an amateur trying to rapid fire an AR-15 and they are calling that a bump stock effect.

Anyway, so these days, if a mass shooter is black or anything other than a white guy, it gets dropped quickly. The exception is the tranny who shot up the school. Our fellow citizens would simply not shut up about it.

As opposed to the families of the victims of 9/11 who have still not been allowed to see the 28 redacted pages from the 9/11 Commission report. The pages that showed that Saudi Arabia handled the financing of the attacks.

Why are we not hearing about that?

The Patriot Act had a shelf life, set to expire during Obama's term. He did not expire it, he renewed it. Why is no one talking about that?

There’s been a lot of them, problem is I’ve forgotten about them. Sorry can’t help

Do you remember right before 9/11 how there was something like 2 Trillion dollars announced as missing from the DOD coffers and an investigation was supposed to occur before the whole world changed?

1712539953730.png

Joseph Kony, the African warlord. Went from being Satan personified to no mention.

Last edited:
    The first Menedez human trafficking story .
    Started with Marjorie Margoles Mizvinsky having illegal domestics .
    It blew up into human trafficking linked to Menedez and his Doctor buddy in Florida . Made the front cover of Life magazine IIRC ,then disappeared .
    Same fuckin story popped up 2 more times until the Doctor buddy got time .
    It went from human trafficking to influence peddling and bribery . Funny how the Doctor who was flying people to the Caribbean ( didn't kills himself Island ) was found guilty of influence peddling and accepting bribes .
    Can't make this shit up .

Iran Contra trials . I was watching this shit in high school . One day while recapping the days events from the Capitol , the correspondent names officials as they are leaving . " And this is Admiral so and so CIA director ". The same fuckin week they sadly announce that Admiral so and so has lost his battle with cancer . He had been informed at Bethesda Naval Hospital for the last two weeks .
    I couldn't comprehend that I was the only one who caught that .

Reactions: Bender and mtrmn
    Panama canal and the boat being stuck. Evergreen ?
    That whole thing was super weird. Freight costs around the world tripled over night.. and have not come back down.

Do we have any members here that still remember scandalous/bombastic stories that on one day encapsulated the entirety of the news and then suddenly vanished without any resolution or follow through shortly afterwards? I can recollect a few. The inspiration for this thread in particular though that I'm wondering about this evening is whatever happened with the investigation into the "Panama Papers" from however many years ago?

Anyone else remember otherwise damning stories that were swept under the proverbial rug? I know, I know- ASGH right?

-LD
    There was actually a lot of regulatory changes globally in reaction to the panama papers, took a few years, but it got done. The panama papers is a lot of the driving force behind the minimum global tax, or whatever they're calling it these days. Basically eliminates the attractiveness of the tax havens of the world.

Branden

Barry Seals.

Seth Rich.

JFK, Jr.

The actual names and faces of the children and adults killed at Sandy Hook. All we see are a handful of parents who want to take away your guns.

And why the punitive damage claims on Alex Jones? He is only stating an opinion. And besides, he has not been right emotionally since he found out they are turning the frogs gay.

WMDs in Iraq
    The reported Mass graves & Third Reich style Serbian run death camps in the Balkans that never materialized after KFOR was on the ground.

All those GO’s getting relieved after Benghazi.

John Doe #3

Wikileaks, Seth Rich being killed while being "robbed," but his belongings were still on his person.
    I remember the story, that is why I mentioned him earlier. The leaks of the DNC were traced to his laptop, confirmed by his family.

He was shot dead in the street. Wearing an expensive suit, a real rolex, over $1k in cash. A premium credit card. The latest iphone back then. All still on him. the police spent 20 minutes looking around and pronounced it a "robbery gone wrong." That is actually correct. To go through the effort of killing someone and not taking the at least the cash would be a tremendous wrong for the thief. I would assume the converse, a robbery gone right, would be where the belongings and cash were taken, regardless of the victim's status.

Reactions: Redlion
    I remember the story, that is why I mentioned him earlier. The leaks of the DNC were traced to his laptop, confirmed by his family.

He was shot dead in the street. Wearing an expensive suit, a real rolex, over $1k in cash. A premium credit card. The latest iphone back then. All still on him. the police spent 20 minutes looking around and pronounced it a "robbery gone wrong." That is actually correct. To go through the effort of killing someone and not taking the at least the cash would be a tremendous wrong for the thief. I would assume the converse, a robbery gone right, would be where the belongings and cash were taken, regardless of the victim's status.
    Weren't the perps "found dead" later?

Reactions: Bender