• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Here's a Guy With Some Shooting Skills

Re: Here's a Guy With Some Shooting Skills

Pretty sweet. Not to diminish his abilities, but it's easier to hit something that flies in a straight line in front of your position, than tracking it sideways with lead & hitting it.

I'd be really impressed to see him shoot those clays as they are flying at an angle away from him. It's still pretty impressive to watch!

I had the pleasure of working a little with Lucky McDaniel, credited as the originator of Instinct Shooting.
Much the same thing this young man is doing. Hand eye coordination.....
Lucky would start a student off with a Daisy Red Ryder with no sights shooting metal discs about 2" in diameter, and work them down to aspirins thrown in the air. Bust them like skeet shooting.
Never saw anyone use a bow and arrow , though. Very impressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty sweet. Not to diminish his abilities, but it's easier to hit something that flies in a straight line in front of your position, than tracking it sideways with lead & hitting it.

I'd be really impressed to see him shoot those clays as they are flying at an angle away from him. It's still pretty impressive to watch! </div></div>

Spoken by someone who cannot hit them flying straight away? Post your"s lets see it!
laugh.gif

That is harder than S__t with a compound especially.

Early 70s the army used to teach "Quick Kill" with the BB guns and lot of guys got good enough to hit the aspririns.

BH

Sorry but thats not archery. Release aids, sites, and cams (training wheels) are for pussies. Kids got good instincts but I don't call that archery.

Dude,

you do it and get back to me...

Hitting any moving object, is difficult with a single projectile.

It is archery, it just isn't traditional.

Very impressive. The 10/22 shows he can hit something that's not just moving away from him. Side to side vs. up and down? Same difference to me, it's still not a path of travel going away.

My dad used to shoot clays from the thrower with his 10/22... I was pretty impressed

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=511646

I used to see Groscup at shows growing up as a kid. He lived in Morgantown and while at WVU I went to his house and taught me to shoot instinctive. He'd call me sometimes and ask if I wanted to go throw for him. During the long drives in the car, he shared a great wealth of knowledge with me about hunting and life.

Truly amazing what he could with a bow and arrow.