• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here's my Rem 504 after some Krylon!

Brushout

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Ok, please send some constructive comments. This is my first paint job. I tried to do a desert "smear" camo and it sucked. So, I did it like this instead. Its a .17HMR 504T and its a VERY accurate shooter. I just picked up a scope, so once I get some rings to fit it, I will post some completed pics. Thanks to everyone on a great website! Let me know what you think...well about the rifle.

CIMG1903-1.jpg

CIMG1904.jpg

CIMG1905.jpg

Re: Here's my Rem 504 after some Krylon!

Looks pretty dang nice. How 'bout a range report when you get it put together?

Keith

Works for me...better than I'm doing on my first Krylon job. I'm one last try away from completely starting over.

I used blue painters tape, and a razor blade to make the patterns. I think I had 4 different colors. I used a link on here I found to make it. I am thinking about doing my .308 next.

What do you guys think about the metal. Should I leave it black or get my spray on??

id leave it black it contrast pretty nicely. But if you wanted picked this idea up here on the hide, take a color of fingernail polish that matches the scheme well, and fill in the stamped stuff on the action and barrel. Dab a little in each letter/number and wipe off the excess before it dries. It would look good if you ask me. Like the paint job as well, looks good

Oh and BTW this was a laminated wood stock. Krylon stuck to it like glue.

That sir, is one of the best paint jobs Ive seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Hardin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used blue painters tape, and a razor blade to make the patterns. I think I had 4 different colors. I used a link on here I found to make it. I am thinking about doing my .308 next.</div></div>

Very nice!! Can you post the link you used for reference?