• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heresy - Upgrades for a Seekins SP10???

Texascbr

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2017
Austin, Texas
My SP10 in 6 Creedmoor has been around for a couple months and it is everything advertised (awesome rifle!). Of course I am a tinkerer and curious about improvements. Thinking of shooting it in a couple of club matches and would like some input.

Current setup is factory delivered 6 Creedmoor shooting factory Federal 105 Bergers at 2920 with the barrel still speeding up at 120 rounds. I did do the gas block upgrade (not a fan, works but not a cost effective addition). Running a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 6.5 and a Kahles 5-25 SKMR. The rifle has the Seekins Arca rail (which is a bit thin for my RRS Anvil 30 and will slip in the mount but works).

All that (longwinded) background to get to my questions.

1. Thoughts on swapping the factory Seekins Bolt Carrier for a JP LMOS unit Keeping the Seekins bolt?

2. The Seekins stock is great however the Magpul PRS looks to offer some advantages. I like the idea of more weight for better balance not to mention the adjustability. Of course my rifle is Battleworn OD Green so would like to get the new stock to match and Seekins is not willing to offer that service.

Thoughts and ideas?
chris

Heretic! You must be burned at the stake!

Kidding. I'm with you about the stock. My preference is the Magpul PRS so I swapped those out on both my SP10's. I'm also a Geissele 2 stage fan so I put SSA-E triggers in mine as well. Not that there's anything wrong with the SP10 out of the box, but it's user interface items and I have personal preferences. As for the cerakote job, you could take the rifle and PRS stock to a decent cerakote artist and get them to match it pretty well I would imagine. May not be the cheapest thing though.

I have no experience with the JP LMOS so I can't help you there. I tend to keep my gas guns stock on the internals. Again, preference.

side note, i also found the pic mount on the anvil-30 sort of "loose". i put some painters tape over my rail to reduce the wiggle.
i realize it is pretty ghetto, lol.

The Seekins Stock is just fine, The only thing that Magpul provides is adjustments on the fly but how often do you need to do that?

Don't mess with the BCG your buffer system is already tuned for the full mass BCG.

Only thing I'd recommend is pick a grip that best suits your hand, ditch that timney trigger and put in a Triggertech for another quality trigger of the like.

I don't agree with the rifle length gas system that seekins uses or the .70 Barrel diameter forward of the gas block so I opted to have Craddock Precision spin me up a custom Bartlein with a +2 gas system, it should be here next week. And I also switched muzzle brakes to an American Precision Arms Little bastard.

Pic of the lower with the trigger tech.

IMG_20210101_172622992.jpg

IMG_20210101_172701054.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike4837
Appreciate the input fella's. Couple of notes...

My preference for the PRS stock is not as much the adjustability but for the weight added to help balance the rifle as I run suppressed. Of course I may adjust length of pull during a match depending on barricade or prone position. `

Regarding the system being tuned for the heavier BCG. I'm already having to tune the system for use with a suppressor and my handloads. Of course my reason for asking is if their is something I have not considered.

Thanks,
Chris