• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hexagonal Boron Nitride

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
any one use this, i have before but have not had a crono to test, a buddy said it would be worth my wild to use it on my 308.
i understand it is a ube and it will lower barrel / chamber pressure. that's what i have been told

Re: Hexagonal Boron Nitride

I believe David Tubb uses it on all his bullets, if it is good enough for him, it is good enough for almost anybody. I haven't shot any bullets covered in it but plan on doing so as soon as my 6XC is finished.

I did not ask him but is it something u can apply and then store. I was told to but the projectiles in a vibrator/tumbler coat and then load. Can it be placed in storage box and be of benefit m month or two later?

Yup, I've got about 500 .224 bullets and 200 .243 bullets all coated and ready to go. Granted, these are WS2, not hBN, but the concept is the same. There's really nothing to "go bad" on the coatings.

The reason I coat bullets for my AR is because it seems to minimize barrel heat during semi-rapid fire. The reason I plan to use coated bullets for my 6XC is because the off-chance that it might extend my barrel life. Coating is very easy and not at all time consuming (relative to the total time spent reloading), so I don't mind it at all.

I have been running TUBB DTAC 115gr BN coated bullets exclusively out of a 243 (Broughton 5C 1/7.5) and this caliber is inherently hard on barrels, especialy running 115s in the 3050-3150 fps range. The BN actually lowers chamber pressure so you will notice slightly lower velocity with the same charge when compared to a non coated bullet, need to bump up the charge. My goal on this barrel is to again run the BN coated bullets exclusively and see how many rounds can go down the tube before it goes, I am hoping to go to 3-4K.

Kirk R