• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey ArmyJerry

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    How big is your ammo fort right now since you always talk of buying ammo?

Was emptying out part of a TA50 cabinet I have trying to find a PVS24 I 'lost' in one of them (first world problems) and after having to move an entire shelf of nothing but 20 round M193 boxes stacked 4 deep by 12 high by whatever the larger TA50 is across, I got to wondering about this.

Reactions: RNWRKNP and Bender
    You would think Jerry would have a mound of ammo about as big as the Luxor by now.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
    Why aren't they in ammo cans? To fit more per shelf?

Only way that would work is if they were all loose. The other problem is, the shelves higher than an ammo can yet not high enough to stack 2 so in the long run it would be less ammo due to wasted space.

But to make you feel better, one of the TA50s that has my 7N6 in it is nothing but the Russian ammo cans it comes in stacked 6 high across the entire bottom cabinet. Above it is all the M193 battle packs, 420 ammo cans, etc. I don't even want to know what that cabinet weighs; its on a solid floor but needed to have 8 lag screws put through the back of it with thick ass washers to anchor it to the wall.

Reactions: RNWRKNP and 1J04
    Buku.??? Beaucoup?? A metric shit ton full?
    Wish I had your problem. Convert to smoke were it me.

I smoke it every 2nd day. The carbine rounds I use are still steel cased training rounds bought in bulk when M193 was .33-.35+ per. Now that M193 and steel are only a couple cents apart, I only buy M193.

I grab a 1k case at the beginning of every month as well as replenish what I shot the previous month.

The funniest thing is when you find ammo or a 8lb jug of H4350 you forgot you had.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
    How many AR mags can fit in a foot locker approximately? My dad told me a story that his firebase got overrun one night (very similar to the Tet cease fire in full metal jacket) and he shot an entire foot locker full of ammo that night. If it's a shit ton of ammo, I think we are all well behind the curve....except for Jerry that is

Mine does not Identify as ammo each round identify's as single thoughts. You know like a single thought that penetrates your brain. You should be ashamed assuming such.