• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey from Tampa

Mdrums

Private
Minuteman
May 1, 2022
Tampa
Hey from the Tampa area. Here to soak it in and learn. I shoot about twice a month but just at my local range. I want to take some courses and get into a bolt gun and longer range AR shooting. Only places near are 100yrds though.
I’m a above knee left leg amputee….got hit by on coming mini van 20yrs ago on my motorcycle. So running and gunning won’t happen… walking and gunning could happen I guess…. I need lessons though. Lol…
Besides shooting I enjoy car events, track events, I drive and instruct high performance track driving and I’m a drummer and work in the music industry.

Welcome from CO, & a former sw FL resident

Reactions: Mdrums
Hi yes I know about JTAC...it is about 1.5 - 2hrs hrs from me. I called them a while ago about coming out, joining, lessons etc and they told me there is a 1 yr wait list. They are full. I never went obviously.

I live up in the west wide New Port Richey-Tarpon area. I live 10 min from ReLoad Gun Range Tarpon Springs. Nice range but it is all inside and the 100yrd is small and always a hour wait on weekends when I can get out. I am board with 100yrs anyway.

I use to live down in Apollo Beach and was 15min from Gun Craft in Ruskin. Nice outdoor range where they'd let me draw from holster, they have steel to shoot but rifle was only 100yrd. Best thing was how cool they were and it is outside. I prefer to shoot outside.

Reactions: McCrazy
Hi yes I know about JTAC...it is about 1.5 - 2hrs hrs from me. I called them a while ago about coming out, joining, lessons etc and they told me there is a 1 yr wait list. They are full. I never went obviously.

I live up in the west wide New Port Richey-Tarpon area. I live 10 min from ReLoad Gun Range Tarpon Springs. Nice range but it is all inside and the 100yrd is small and always a hour wait on weekends when I can get out. I am board with 100yrs anyway.

I use to live down in Apollo Beach and was 15min from Gun Craft in Ruskin. Nice outdoor range where they'd let me draw from holster, they have steel to shoot but rifle was only 100yrd. Best thing was how cool they were and it is outside. I prefer to shoot outside.

Yeah, you're a bit of a hike from this area.
Never shot at Gun Craft, but people seem to like it.

Totally agree on the shooting inside vs outside.
I used to work for an ammunition manufacturer and shooting/testing indoors wore thin very quickly.

Reactions: Mdrums