• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey from the Pacific Northwest

Anointed1

It's the pills I swear
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2021
    Pacific Northwest
    Hey all, here's a shout out from Washington State just outside of Seattle. Got property on the east side of the state as well and as soon as I can get the wife to retire I'll be over there and out of this God forsaken place =) So I'm about as green as you can get concerning this stuff, been a bowhunter all my life, but one thing has led to another and 4 weapons later here I am. All the civil unrest popping up everywhere caused me to buy some stuff, a Sig Virtus and a Rattler, and then the latest being a Sig MPX K gen 2 for the wife, but what was missing is something to reach out and touch someone and the skill set to use it. I read about PRS and a lot of stuff at the PrecisionRifleBlog and then eventually ended up here at the Hide. I've got well over 200 hours of reading stuff here and to say I've been impressed by the amount of knowledge most of you guys have would be a ridiculous understatement. More than half of what I read is still going right over my head =) So I know I'm in a good place, probably the best place to be, I certainly can't imagine a better group of people to learn from. So I ordered an MPA BA Pro in 6mm creedmoor back in February , this will be my first scoped rifle. My only real experience was at camp Pendleton back in 78 with an M16 and being taught B.R.A.S.S. if I remember correctly, I can't imagine how much things have changed since then. Didn't mean for a long read but I guess a little background helps. I have a few questions on optics so I'll be posting there next.

Take care !

Reactions: DustBun
    Howdy - and I hope you get out of the Seattle area soon, I've spent enough time there for work that I can appreciate the struggle and don't ever want to live there.

Howdy - and I hope you get out of the Seattle area soon, I've spent enough time there for work that I can appreciate the struggle and don't ever want to live there.
    I'll tell ya...I've lived here all my life except for short stays in other places in the service and for Boeing...and I've watched this place change so much it makes me sick thinking about it....the steelhead fishing was fantastic...the hunting on both sides of the states was superb....for those that have never been here tbis state is split in half kinda because of the cascade mountain range and the two sides are vastly different....one is thick forest and vegitation due to a considerable amount of rain...lots of elevation changes and just green everywhere...the east side is much drier and flatter...lots of farmland...gorgeous in its own way....since most of the industry surrounds the Seattle area a ton of people have moved here over the years on the westside...the people brought and caused the change....my roots go so deep here that up until recently i wasnt even able to consider moving on...I even have a daughter buried here...I'm living on the property my dad bought in 1967 right next door to the house he built where i was raised....all those years and memories have rolled by and happened right where I am....but I cant handle it anymore...as soon as I leave my driveway it's like entering a different place...hell I can't even watch the local news without getting worked up...this place has become so liberal and a sess pool of....I better shut my mouth =/....I know as you get older you get resistant to change in a lot of ways...but that's not it...it's the "type" of change that's driving me out of here ! My wife works for the Airlines Industry and because of this covid crap they're mostly all telecommuting...I guess they decided her dept can do that permanently now...once I know for sure and have the green light I'll be fixing this place up to sell it and moving to the east side of the state where we have property...and if that doesn't work out for whatever reason...Buffalo Wyoming looks nice =)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Oddball Six