• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hey guys, this is messed up

brknshk

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
redmond, oregon
sorry if this post is in the wrong spot, im so disgusted im flustered too. So some of u might remember me by helping me decide on the perfect rifle for my coyote hunting addiction, i got it on here and it was a very nice 22 250, so did alot of work to it to personalize it for what i was doing. well tonight i started to gear up to go hunt tommorow and noticed, wait, wheres my gun? IT WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only other person that knew about my rifle was a friend of mine who out of the ordinary was asking me to let him borrow it this weekend repeatedly over and over. hmmmm raises suspicion. well im back to ask for help again i guess, 22 250 vs 308 for 500 yard shots on coyotes, id like to stik to 22 250 if it would actually work well because i have so many bullets, brass and dies. hey maybe im just venting very pissed off
frown.gif
any advice would help, or any killer deals on any sps 308s? or varmint rifles? lol

Re: hey guys, this is messed up

That is shit!
Can you ask your "friend" for your rifle back?

well i called him like 50 times tonight and he texted me he is getting shitty service, that doesnt make sense. so i did report it stolen to the sherriffs and they got his name and number and all that good stuff but they even said its very likely i will not see my gun i worked so hard for.
frown.gif
totally bummed now. so if anyone has a sps 308 or 22 250 and is into jeeps or anything i do have a truggy im parting out to get a rifle now. but anyway. yah its shit

Sorry to hear about your situation. And the guy who allegedly took your gun is, or perhaps was your friend? Wow.

What I would have done in that situation is find the serial number to the rifle, memorize it, then called him up like nothing happened. When you two go shooting if he brings the 22-250 (probably changed in some way like the paint job) check the serial number and if it matched beat the **** out of him and burn his car and ... *ahem, Yea something like that.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer! Later.

So this rifle you worked so hard for, and that you cherished was stolen....this shit happens.

You accepting that its gone for-ever and you will never see it again...thats pretty shitty.

First off, does your friend have access to this rifle?
Give LEO as much situational detail as possible, either leading toward him, or whoever is responsible.

on the sly (play dumb with your mate), let the police know as much as you can about where it was, numbers, make, model, etc etc... let them chase the cookie crumbs.

suss out your mate without giving anything away.

me being me, i'd want to go shooting with him this weekend... pick him up from his place and check out his kit before the shoot.

I'm curious, what were the circumstances that would have allowed someone to steal it, ie. forced entry, you left it somewhere? If you honestly think it was him ask someone else that you trust to do a little research for you, like checking out the serial# of the rifle if he has a 22-250, providing you had recorded it. I must say you are exceptionally calm in your text considering a rifle you worked so hard on was stolen.

Well I hate to say it...but the police are probably right...you most likely will never see the rifle again. Unless your "friend" is a total dumb shit...sounds like he is...and admits it to the police.

Now the is the law and punishment....but if it was me....and my "friend" stole from me....I would have to administer a little justice of my own.

Good luck....they say everything happens for a reason....might not seem like it at the time but you never know how things will work out.

Take care,Stan

wow, i just let my buddy know he was video taped from my neighbor, and he told me he was just messing with me. Not quite sure what to think yet but im going to meet him to get my rifle back tonight at 630, o my god i guess i need to start locking my safe again. but atleast i got it back and thank u guys for your understanding, now i still do want an sps 308 need to sell my 7mm and 45 70 first. thanks again though guys. you all rock! Brian

yes i love having paranoid hippy neighbors that video tappe everything around there house lol

nobody needs a friend like that. i would tell him if he ever came to my house again there will be a 12 gauge pointing in his direction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd hit him w/ a baseball bat... then tell him " I was just messing with you man" </div></div>
+1000

I'd hope the Sheriff's office pays him a visit still. If burglary wouldn't stick, how about unauthorized use? I'd file the charges myself on my "friend" if someone pulled that crap on me.

Be sure to let them know the situation so as not to get stuck with a false report charge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brknshk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i guess i need to start locking my safe again. </div></div>

It works much better when it is locked.
I'm just saying. . .

Plus one Some thing doesn't feel right here

o trust me i know, the cops were at his house las night and he let them in his house, he hid the rifle he said. so im jus gonna talk to the officer dealing with it and let him know when and where im meeting him. theft of a firearm isnt a small crime, nor is breaking and entering. he says he did it just messing with me but why would he deny it up until the point i told him he was on tape. then he changed his whole ora like hes playing a fuckin joke on me

What would have happened if this "friend" killed someone with your rifle and left it back in your safe.... next thing the police arrive at your door asking to see your rifle....? Or the judge having some serious doubts about your responsibility to own a firearm after your "friend" tells him how he got your rifle out of an unlocked safe....? This is a really serious incident, i cannot emphasise that enough! Holy sh1t!

i know, i guess my ignorance on the locking thing well was ignorant. ive lived in this town of 700 people for a long time and its just not something that happens around here. well used to not, shit i havent locked my house or a car or truck in years. guess thats all changing now.

Well at least you recognise that, i would have some strong words softly spoken with your friend, and lock everything up - "once bitten, twice shy", if anything its in your own best interest to look into your own personal security with the front line being your gear is wired down and locked up, then if anything happens - legally your actions are beyond any doubt - regardless of a dodgy 'friend'.
If i were in your shoes, the trust between me and the friend would NEVER be the same again, and i would distance myself from him, i know this might be hard in a small town but, again i say Holy sh1t!!! Stranger things have happened and when a friend TAKES a rifle from you without your permission.....
Anyway you got your rifle back?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BS_Flag-1.gif

Sounds fishy to me. </div></div>

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BS_Flag-1.gif

Sounds fishy to me. </div></div>

I agree.

Your friend knew where it was but then hid it when the cops show up? And how do you know that? He told you? If thats how this is playing out then you both need to be locked up for being ass hats.

If you are not blowing smoke up our ass.....Your friend is a fuckin' thief who is playing you for a fool. He started squirming when they turned up the heat. At this point he tried to play it off as a prank.

You are WAY too calm for someone who just got a rifle stolen. You had already moved on to a next choice and hadn't even seen how this was going to play out.

Either he was actually stealing from you or he is just a Douche Nozzle and doesn't respect someone else's property. Either way you need to distance yourself from this fool.

The cops have WAY too much on the plate to play Cops and Ass-Holes.

Do you go to school with Critter Capper and Maser???

Tomorrow after Study Hall you should stomp his guts out.

Keith

i would not blow smoke up anyones ass about this, i just spoke to the sherriff that is handling it and he is going to go ahead and arrest him as i have all his messages saved on my phone and its a felony possesion of a stolen firearm, so as u may be able to tell we will not be friends anymore wich is a ok with me. i am 28 yrs old and yes i do have enough sense just have never had to.

I do hope it works out for you. I'm glad he will be arrested and your life will have less drama in it without him.

(sincerely) good luck,
Keith

i am 28 yrs old and yes i do have enough sense just have never had to. [/quote]
Crap you sound like your freshman in high school.
Have enough sense HUH? When do you put your seatbelt on? AFTER the crash? You had better start using some COMMON sense NOW, or YOU may not live to see 30! You got DAMN lucky!!! Learn from it.........
LG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lumpy grits</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> YOU may not live to see 30! You got DAMN lucky!!! Learn from it.........
LG</div></div>
Can I give that man a "Hell yah" +100

Keep your distance from that nitwit. AND press the charges. If he was really just messing with you he would have hidden the rifle in your house. Since he took it out of your house you are very lucky to have ever seen it again. Thank the neighbor with the video camera.

So butcher, this guy still owes you stuff from the trade?

edit**I love the for sale thread...hope everything works out for you butcher.

i wouldnt do any type of transaction with this guy, yeah right some of you oughta go read the for sale thread. Its pretty heated in there. brknshk im calling bullshit on all of this, i dont think that your gun was stolen, im not to sure i like the way you do business. But ill help you out. You should sell your whole package deal for 900 bucks, personally i dont think that anyone is going to buy just given what is written in that post, but i could be wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: butcher307</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how dose it feel to have somthing stolen. Carma you prick were is the rest of my shit from the 22-250 i traded ya the one that was stolen. were is my brass bullets for the 264 kinda sucks when you get fucked ya </div></div>

A murder has been committed here, fellas. The victim? The English language.
crazy.gif

yes it is the rifle that was taken from a supposed friend. i dont give a shit at thi poiont if someone calls bullshit on it. i posted the pms from the dickhead so anyone could see the convo. yes i did ship my gun to him 3 days later than he shipped and he knew this also because i had just recently had my daughter and was trying to get custody. , wow thx butcher for kinda fucking me on the sale area u fuck. If anyone wants to actually see for there own eyes what happened with this fuck id be more than happy to let ya. And as far as owing something from a trade justin, did u keep that rinki dink scope after telling me u sent it and it got lost? hmm o well, jus stop fuckin bashing my name on here dude and be done with it. thats about a 40 dollar scope, sell it to someone for 20 and go buy 50 pcs brass u fuckface. wow

Anyone else having a hard time understanding the OP?

what he is saying is that he found his perfect rifle, his buddy "stole" it and then gave it back saying he was messing with him. Now the rifle in question is up for sale in the Firearms for sale section. When the OP put it up for sale, whoever he bought/traded the rifle with chimed in and said how much of a shitty deal it was and all the problems from the transaction with brknshk

and just to clear it up if someone wants to read for there own eyes how much bullshit this is i will let u log into my acct and read the shit. and as to why i didnt think there was in issue

They BOTH sound like grade school kids with the "F" word flying. Both need to grow-up(IF possible?)
BOTH of you need to take this crying, and the "For Sale" post, OFF the forum and move it to PM's cause no-one cares about this B/S "drama".
This is a shooting site for ADULTS. If you "little girls" can't handle that, feel free to leave at any time and don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way OUT.......
MODS, would you PLEASE make this happen ??
Respectfully,
LG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lumpy grits</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They BOTH sound like grade school kids with the "F" word flying. Both need to grow-up(IF possible?)
BOTH of you need to take this crying, and the "For Sale" post, OFF the forum and move it to PM's cause no-one cares about this B/S "drama".
This is a shooting site for ADULTS. If you "little girls" can't handle that, feel free to leave at any time and don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way OUT.......
Respectfully,
LG
</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lumpy grits</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They BOTH sound like grade school kids with the "F" word flying. Both need to grow-up(IF possible?)
Respectfully,
LG
</div></div>

+1 </div></div>

+1

brknshk......YOU are one of the "little girls" I was talking about. YOU are ALSO the one who started this WHOLE shitstorm.
YOU do NEED to learn when to STFU and NOW would be the time to do so BTW!
Go back and read my first post about YOUR little drama here.
I'm done with you.....
LG

Over here in sweden we're obligated to keep our guns locked in in gun cabinets, which I honestly think is a very good way to keep friends, children and other unauthorized people away from my ~$40k worth of weapons apart from the obvious fact that I can sleep at night not having to worry about accidents involving any of my guns..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mammal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might want to call the police again. They don't have any record of you contacting them.

http://www.ci.redmond.or.us/internet/ind...&Itemid=248 </div></div>

hard to argue with police records, although i dont want to know where you got this site from