• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey. I have O.C.D. Zephyr scope rail question !

gr8guns

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2019
I have the affliction that I can't help, I don't like messing things ups if I don't have to. I am wanting to put the picatinny rail on the Zephyr I am currently getting ready to shoot. Is there any way to stop the set screws from marking the top of the receiver ? I think someone said lead shot, what size would that be, and does it work ? thanks all, I just for the life of me can't see why the oddball rail on the Steyr Zephyr 2............

I have the affliction that I can't help, I don't like messing things ups if I don't have to. I am wanting to put the picatinny rail on the Zephyr I am currently getting ready to shoot. Is there any way to stop the set screws from marking the top of the receiver ? I think someone said lead shot, what size would that be, and does it work ? thanks all, I just for the life of me can't see why the oddball rail on the Steyr Zephyr 2............
While I have used lead shot under grub screws in a compensator, I doubt it would be secure in a scope rail over the long haul.
For this I would recommend a stubby piece of weedwhacker string placed in the hole and the screw started in on top, that’s what I did with the Luth buttstock to prevent looseness without marring the aluminum gas tube.
Personally if you must add a rail, why not either clamping adapters or a solid one such as Area 419 offers?

While I have used lead shot under grub screws in a compensator, I doubt it would be secure in a scope rail over the long haul.
For this I would recommend a stubby piece of weedwhacker string placed in the hole and the screw started in on top, that’s what I did with the Luth buttstock to prevent looseness without marring the aluminum gas tube.
Personally if you must add a rail, why not either clamping adapters or a solid one such as Area 419 offers?
I went with Burris rimfire rings on mine:
IMG_4390.jpeg

Reactions: Pre64
One I have been shooting shoots about like my worst 452, but I haven't fired it much yet.