• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey LL... Can you get some of these for Testing?

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman

This technology is starting to look more and more interesting...

@lowlight ... you are right down the road. How about getting us some for testing? I'll gladly give it a review!

It's only a matter of time before the power density is sufficient to make these viable.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I guess it would be interesting if for some oddball reason a guy could not get an m-16.

L5 rifle can fire up to 15,000 rounds on just one battery (keep the electric battery powered tank close ;) )
6,000 RPM wow, so theoretically, 2.15 (estimate) mins worth of firing before battery's dead.

Charge block caseless ammunition with propellant molded into the block itself and consumed upon firing... That is literally EXACTLY how the 10mm rounds of the US Colonial Marines' ARMAT M41A pulse rifles in the Aliens movies operate.
biggrin.gif

Charge block caseless ammunition with propellant molded into the block itself and consumed upon firing... That is literally EXACTLY how the 10mm rounds of the US Colonial Marines' ARMAT M41A pulse rifles in the Aliens movies operate.
biggrin.gif
What was that HK rifle they had for a minute there? Used long bars of caseless ammo, weird little dial to charge the weapon? Had a built-in optic, too. It showed up in the OG Call of Duty: Black Ops for all of one mission, when it wouldn't be made for another 20 years.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
What was that HK rifle they had for a minute there? Used long bars of caseless ammo, weird little dial to charge the weapon? Had a built-in optic, too. It showed up in the OG Call of Duty: Black Ops for all of one mission, when it wouldn't be made for another 20 years.

G11 "Space" gun. A straight outta the 1960s Space Age design meant partially for future missions on orbital stations, the Moon, and elsewhere. At the same time the US was experimenting with the Gyrojet. That was truly an era when everybody thought that space colonization would be beginning in a few years time and the cold war between the Eastern Bloc and the western democracies would go hot in space.

HK G11

rifle-square-1-1552502444.jpg

G11 "Space" gun. A straight outta the 1960s Space Age design meant partially for future missions on orbital stations, the Moon, and elsewhere. At the same time the US was experimenting with the Gyrojet. That was truly an era when everybody thought that space colonization would be beginning in a few years time and the cold war between the Eastern Bloc and the western democracies would go hot in space.

HK G11

That's the one. They used a cast of a prototype mockup as the base for the DEW in Demolition Man, too.

This was being promoted in 2018

Vid in this article:

6mm, doesn't say if barrel is a solid block with multiple bores or fabricated from 5 barrels, probably former, heavy unless a block of something light with steel sleeves bores.

No word on recoil, since some energy isn't used to cycle the gun.

Logistics would be interesting: cost of a 5-pack ammo block vs. 5 individual rounds.

Navy got burned with their wunder-rounds on the Zumwalts. Per round cost went through the roof. A machined, fabricated or molded ammo block might get pricey.

Lastly, that jump to the lands...seating the bullets in the recess without canting them,

76htv6.jpg

I'll keep my ar-15 as it can't be taken out by an EMP.
And I can reload for it instead of being reliant on what is probably a proprietary design.
I would probably still by one if I had the means though for fun.

biggrin.gif
Caseless ammo, with a propellant molded onto the projectile……. 🤔surely someone’s done that. Oh yeah, daisy did with their VL rifles back in the 60’s. Pretty cutting edge shit!🤣

HK G11

Fun fact, I'm pretty sure the G11 is prohibited by name in Canada. Someone got hold of a copy of gun digest or something back in the early 90's, and circled all the scary looking guns that needed to be banned. I guess that means we probably won't be able to get the L5 here either.
Kristian

Sorta. Multi proj per barrel. Think shotgun mag tube, or sorta like fireworks, the way they are stacked ontop of each other

Genius.

^or the rocket ball in the 1850's.
When I started reading the OP and saw "ribbon rifle", I immediately thought Maynard tape primer conversions and was momentarily confused.

Now that I've read the whole thread, I'm still confused.

Last edited: