• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey! New guy from New Mexico

A.Romero

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2013
Albuquerque,NM
Been lurking and finally registered. Purchased my first precision rifle a Sps tactical. Hope to learn a lot more and meet locals that could help me along the way.

Yep from the Albuquerque area. Glad to see locals here. I have heard of the private clubs and I am interested in joining or at least tagging along when I can.

Definitely get on the wait list for membership at Zia. Took me 7+ months to get in, but it's was well worth it. Tell us more about your setup too.

Definitely get on the wait list for membership at Zia. Took me 7+ months to get in, but it's was well worth it. Tell us more about your setup too.
Picked up a Remington 700 sps tactical .308 with the 20" barrel. On order is Larue 20 moa base. Still in the air for glass. But mya pick up the busnell tactical 3200 10x as a starter optic. Then as my work hard all summer gift either a USO or nightforce.

Nice. Your off to a good start. I have the same rifle, if yours is the AAC-SD which it sounds like. Bushnell has some good options, also check out Vortex and SWFA. They have some really nice stuff at a middle of the road price without jumping up to the cost of a NF or similar. If you do have the AAC then start saving for a stock of some kind and a trigger. Those two thing will completely change that rifle for the better.

Happy Shooting

Nope just a steep below the AAC. Non threaded muzzle. I looked at a SWFA today on there sight that has peaked my interest. Once I get an optic imma run some rounds down range. Next will be the stock and trigger. Just like anything using it and upgrading as I go seems to peak my interest more. Allows me to se the improvement from stock to modded.

Sounds like a good plan. I believe the regular SPS Tacs tend to have somewhat better stocks than the AAC. Shouldn't be as much as a issue for you then. More money for ammo.

Has a hogue over mold. Funny thing is I was buying ammo before I even had the rifle. But more is always better after this get setup next investment is reloading equipment.

Hey guys, remember that we have our Tac Rifle Match at Zia this Sunday (3/17) at 0800. Come on out and shoot some!