• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Hey Thunderbeast Guys and Sig guys. Questions about Ultra 7, 9, and SRD762TI-qd.

TexasEric

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
How much quieter is the Ultra 9 than the 7? At near the muzzle, and at the shooters ear with 308 (18.5 in) and 300 Blackout (10.5 in)?

How does the Ultra 9 and 7 compare to the Sig SRD762TI-qd? I hate the name of the Sig, but love what I have seen so far.

I am not sure which has the best poi? I do know both are both good to great. What about back pressure, supression at both locations, and weight when mounted?

Finally, please chime especially if you have shoot both.

Anyone in CO WY that has one I have a meter.

And this is why I would go thunderbeast given the choice even if we disregard the specs. The people making them are right here in your pocket. Ive never seen a sig rep on here much less one willing to throw their gear up head to head with a competitor.

TexasEric feel free to give me a call if you want to talk cans. call the shop and they will put you through to my cell if you as for me.

Have not tried the sig, it probably is quality. That said, I do have an ultra 9, that I have used on the SSG, when I fired that gun with the ultra on it the first time I felt a little recoil and noticed the muzzle rise in the scope but it was quiet enough I thought I had a squib:)

Spiffe, thank you for posting those videos. I appreciate your help, no sacasm intended.
I am a bit of a YouTube whore, so I have seen those two before.

Last edited:
TexasEric feel free to give me a call if you want to talk cans. call the shop and they will put you through to my cell if you as for me.

When the time comes I am fairly sure you will be getting a call from me. I am trying to gather as much info as I can, as these a pretty much lifetime purchases.

My favorite dealer also owns a Sig store that they opened right next door not too long ago and I've been to one of their demo shoots. Needless to say, they push Sig cans pretty hard. I got to hear them in person in comparison to the AACs and SiCos they had on hand, and they all sounded pretty good to me but I'll be the first to admit the only suppressor I actually own at this point is an older SWR rimfire can. This same dealer does not sell TBAC, so I wasn't able to hear them in person.

With all that said, I'm fairly certain my first centerfire can is going to be either a TBAC Ultra 7, or a Q Trash Panda. I looked long and hard at the Griffin Alpha and the SiCo Omega, but at the end of the day I don't need something bombproof, modular, user-serviceable or full-auto rated. My priorities are size, weight, sound reduction and tone. I will probably eventually get a dedicated 5.56 can to run the piss out of on my ARs and such, but for now these two are the only ones on my radar.

I know that doesn't help you much with your search, but sometimes a little outside perspective makes things clearer.

Also - on an extremely petty and borderline irrelevant note - I find Sig's QD muzzle devices to be horridly ugly, unwieldy-looking contraptions. That may be neither here nor there to you, but as lame as it sounds, it would influence my decision, personally.

My favorite dealer also owns a Sig store that they opened right next door not too long ago and I've been to one of their demo shoots. Needless to say, they push Sig cans pretty hard. I got to hear them in person in comparison to the AACs and SiCos they had on hand, and they all sounded pretty good to me but I'll be the first to admit the only suppressor I actually own at this point is an older SWR rimfire can. This same dealer does not sell TBAC, so I wasn't able to hear them in person.

With all that said, I'm fairly certain my first centerfire can is going to be either a TBAC Ultra 7, or a Q Trash Panda. I looked long and hard at the Griffin Alpha and the SiCo Omega, but at the end of the day I don't need something bombproof, modular, user-serviceable or full-auto rated. My priorities are size, weight, sound reduction and tone. I will probably eventually get a dedicated 5.56 can to run the piss out of on my ARs and such, but for now these two are the only ones on my radar.

I know that doesn't help you much with your search, but sometimes a little outside perspective makes things clearer.

Also - on an extremely petty and borderline irrelevant note - I find Sig's QD muzzle devices to be horridly ugly, unwieldy-looking contraptions. That may be neither here nor there to you, but as lame as it sounds, it would influence my decision, personally.

Thanks for the info.

I think my priorities are sound reduction/tone, accuracy, and not getting gassed to death because I am left eye dominate. Size and weight do matter to me, I don't want to turn my sbr build into a long rifle when I put it on. Or deal with an OSS situation, where the can feels like a boat anchor mount on the front of the barrel.
I do want something that can handle a carbine class or 2 when I take them. I think an Ulta 9 or Sig would meet my criteria. Hearing that you have had hands on experience is nice, and helps my decision.

I haven't heard of Q trash panda.

Looks do matter, but are not everything. Performance really means more. My favorite sport bike, was the 08 CBR 1000. She had a butta face, but that bitch ran fast, handled great at track days, and was dead stable at high speed & braking. I learned to look past the looks, because of the performance.

I sell TBAC cans and have zero experience with the Sig lineup, so I cannot offer a direct comparison. The TBAC guys are always available to answer questions and they give alot back to our passion, sport, hobby, whatever you wanna call it. TBAC is as good as it gets for precision rofle cans and I've never had one complaint from anyone that has purchased one.

You mentioned SBR, so an Ultra may not be right for your situation depending on how you use it.

The Q Trash Panda should be out Q3 or Q4 this year. I'm very interested to hear how they sound as they have a lot of volume to work with (1.75" diameter). For something available right now, the TBAC gets my vote, I am biased however.

I sell TBAC cans and have zero experience with the Sig lineup, so I cannot offer a direct comparison. The TBAC guys are always available to answer questions and they give alot back to our passion, sport, hobby, whatever you wanna call it. TBAC is as good as it gets for precision rofle cans and I've never had one complaint from anyone that has purchased one.

You mentioned SBR, so an Ultra may not be right for your situation depending on how you use it.

I will be editing my original post soon, I have left out some facts. I have a Fulton Armory FAR-10, with an 18.5 barrel that is more accurate than I am everyday of the week.
This suppressor would be mounted to that as well. I am planning on building a 300 blackout with 10.5 in barrel. I am trying to get this as quiet as possible, it will be subsonic suppressed gun most of the time.
That is why I am torn between the Ultra 9,7, and the Sig. 300 Blackouts are not whisper quiet. Getting the noise down, and keeping accuracy on my 308 is important to me. A lot guys love the Ultra 7, and I have received good input from another forum as well. Is 2 inches really a big deal?

Clearly you guys are top notch, rightfully proud of your product, and all about some customer service.

I am just getting as much info as I can about both products. Not trying to troll you.

I will be editing my original post soon, I have left out some facts. I have a Fulton Armory FAR-10, with an 18.5 barrel that is more accurate than I am everyday of the week.
This suppressor would be mounted to that as well. I am planning on building a 300 blackout with 10.5 in barrel. I am trying to get this as quiet as possible, it will be subsonic suppressed gun most of the time.
That is why I am torn between the Ultra 9,7, and the Sig. 300 Blackouts are not whisper quiet. Getting the noise down, and keeping accuracy on my 308 is important to me. A lot guys love the Ultra 7, and I have received good input from another forum as well. Is 2 inches really a big deal?

Clearly you guys are top notch, rightfully proud of your product, and all about some customer service.

I am just getting as much info as I can about both products. Not trying to troll you.
I don't think anyone took anything as trolling, you have perfectly legitimate questions.

I would personally go with the Ultra 7 over the 9 since you plan to use it on an SBR. Since the whole point of an SBR is compactness, throwing a 9" can on the end seems a little counter-intuitive. Again, my priorities are a little different than yours and that's fine. If sound reduction is paramount above all else, then you'll probably be happiest with the 9. But the 7 seems like the perfect all-around can, unless you're running it really hard and fast in, say, a carbine class. You just have to watch the heat with titanium cans is all. I think the integrity of the material really starts to take a shit quickly after 800 degrees, and at 1,000 degrees I think you start causing permanent damage and risk it failing entirely. After just 20 rounds fired at a steady pace, my friend's Omega on a 10.5" 5.56 is hot enough to melt a plastic truck bed. A .300BLK shooting subs from a 10.5" might take a few full mags fired successively to achieve the 800 degree threshold, but I'm not entirely sure. It's definitely something to research.

Since you plan to mostly run subs in your SBR, I agree with the statement above. Go with an Ultra 7!!! It will not disappoint. The 2 inch difference will be noticeable on your 308, if you ever try an Ultra 7 and Ultra 9 side by side. However, both are quiet.

It really comes down to what is more important to you. Sound or compactness. The Ultra 7 is quieter than most other manufacturers 9 inch cans. But the Ultra 9 is a step above

On a side note, that 10.5 inch SBR would look excellent with with a 15 inch rail with either Ultra sticking out of the front

Last edited:
Id love to see a comparison between the ultra 7, surefire 7.62 rc2, and the surefire 300 sps.

The surefire cans I've heard on 308 size cartridges are kinda loud, but have a good low tone. I've shot/been around a more than a few omegas,and they sound really nice too. But as said above (from the ones I've heard) Thunder Beast is a cut above, and they have it down to a science from a sound and precision perspective.

I'm waiting on an Ultra 9. It'll probably be a year.

And that is exactly why id like to see a test. I always read the SF cans are louder, but id like to see a meter test.

I found one test where Griffin Armament tested a 5.56 rc against some griffin cans, it metered on average 1.5 to 2 db higher, and was actually quieter at the shooters ear test.

I do have an ultra 7 in jail btw. ;)

Founds some more info. It is old though. Guy was shooting shit ammo for the 308 though, steel cased Wolf. Which is ignorant because he was using Blackhills for 5.56 cans. That is like give a steak to the 5.56 cans, and dog food for the 308 cans. He could have at least found used match ammo.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...buyer-s-guide/

Last edited:
Probably going with the Ultra 9. The Q Trash Panda may be next when it is released.

Good choices! Since the SIG and Q are both designed by the same guy, the Q will likely be an improvement over the SIG.

I did some posting on other forums too. I meet a couple of people who shed some light on the Q company and Sig. I was really shocked at who I managed to meet online without knowing it. It was really cool.
Anyway my wife managed to push my timeline back further than I like. The Q silencers may be on the market when I am ready to buy again.