Hey Tikka Shooters!!!!

Redvanes

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2017
You ask and you Shall receive.... Manners EH1 Tikka stocks!

I've got a batch on order but I'm curious what BM inlet you all would prefer? CTR or Factory T3???

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

beretta_man11

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
MS
Looks fantastic! I love my tikkas and I love both of my manners stocks. Any idea if the eh1 will accommodate the t1x?

Reactions: Redvanes

Lawnboi

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2019
WI
Will they do the mini chassis?

Last I asked a couple years ago they wouldn’t even make me a tikka eh1.

Mudflap621

Supporter
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2020
I’d be interested in pricing on mini chassis and factory BM.

DJL2

Talon 6
PX Member
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
I'm a T3x (standard) kind of guy. I'd also do a mini-chassis. By the time you've got bottom metal, bedding material and done the work...well...if your time is worth anything, the mini-chassis isn't more expensive in any meaningful way. If someone else does the bedding, the mini-chassis is faster AND cheaper. However, a lot of guys might already have bottom metal for the factory stock, so easy transition in that sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric_F

Redvanes

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2017
Hard to please everybody as there’s always a lot of options.

I’ve this batch on order:

***RH
***Heavy Barrel inlet (to accommodate CTR & proof sendero contours)
***Factory Bottom Metal inlet no mini chassis (Factory inlet can be used and a number of aftermarket BM as well)

What do you guys think??
I can still change it if I need to.

Reactions: GrumpyOleFart

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
Hard to please everybody as there’s always a lot of options.

I’ve this batch on order:

***RH
***Heavy Barrel inlet (to accommodate CTR & proof sendero contours)
***Factory Bottom Metal inlet no mini chassis (Factory inlet can be used and a number of aftermarket BM as well)

What do you guys think??
I can still change it if I need to.
Perfect options, I'll take one in elite high plains please!

darrenk75b

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2007
Chico, Ca
I had a tikka EH1 years ago when they would build them for a slight premium. They had no build the tang area up by hand. Are they going to do the same thing?

FWIW, I'm an advocate for the CTR bottom metal inlet so you can use one of the aftermarket aics dbms.

Attachments

• 20201029_182232.jpg
    20201029_182232.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 17

Redvanes

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2017
I had a tikka EH1 years ago when they would build them for a slight premium. They had no build the tang area up by hand. Are they going to do the same thing?

FWIW, I'm an advocate for the CTR bottom metal inlet so you can use one of the aftermarket aics dbms.

They made all new molds specifically for Tikka so now they don't have to build-up the tang area.

Good to know on the CTR Bottom metal... still weighing my options there.

Lawnboi

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2019
WI
Looks like they are doing a mini chassis for factory bottom metal too?

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana

I'm quite certain there are more aics dbm bottom metals for Tikka that utilize the t3x footprint vs the ctr footprint. A t3x bottom metal will fit in a ctr inlet, but not the other way around. It does leave a noticeable gap around the edges however. Ctr bottom metal takes ctr mags only, no functioning with aics mags.
This is t3x in ctr inlet.
20201218_151102.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Redvanes and Eric_F

DJL2

Talon 6
PX Member
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2013
Georgia
Which AICS mags do you guys like for “long action” calibers?

I’ve got Red Snake bottom metal (I think... or Mountain Tactical) I just swapped onto my T3x - takes AICS, just debating on which.

darrenk75b

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2007
Chico, Ca
I'm quite certain there are more aics dbm bottom metals for Tikka that utilize the t3x footprint vs the ctr footprint. A t3x bottom metal will fit in a ctr inlet, but not the other way around. It does leave a noticeable gap around the edges however. Ctr bottom metal takes ctr mags only, no functioning with aics mags.
This is t3x in ctr inlet.
View attachment 7599353
For a drop-in bottom metal, a number of companies make an aics version that fits in the ctr inlet. The other aics bottom metals generally require inletting into the stock. This is speaking though of short action aics mag systems. Perhaps the long action is different.

Lawnboi

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2019
WI
Fwiw I have a t6a with the tikka mini chassis. Function is perfect, and it ain’t picky about mags.

Redvanes

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2017
Fwiw I have a t6a with the tikka mini chassis. Function is perfect, and it ain’t picky about mags.

Good to know, thanks Lawnboi!

The issue with mini chassis and hunting stocks is that a lot, if not most people building a hunting rifle wants to keep weight to a minimum and the mini chassis adds just that, more weight. To some it doesn't matter either way.

chutinlead

Chutin Big Lead
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Wyoming
Does the mini chassis work with tikka mags? Specifically tikka LA mags or is it only short action mags.

I'm not 100% on reusing my factory plastic tikka BM. What are some good options for aftermarket BM that would work with this stock?

NewsShooter

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2011
I wish someone would make a bottom metal to use the LA MDT aics 3.56 tikka mags. That would great for the 7 saum I'm putting together. I'm thinking about modding a Red Snake Tactical BM.

chutinlead

Chutin Big Lead
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Wyoming
I wish someone would make a bottom metal to use the LA MDT aics 3.56 tikka mags. That would great for the 7 saum I'm putting together. I'm thinking about modding a Red Snake Tactical BM.
I don't think those are an AICS mag. It's a custom length only made by MDT for their chassis systems for the tikka LA and savage Axis.

Redvanes

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2017
Does the mini chassis work with tikka mags? Specifically tikka LA mags or is it only short action mags.

I'm not 100% on reusing my factory plastic tikka BM. What are some good options for aftermarket BM that would work with this stock?
I know Manners offers a mini chassis that has an integrated BM that takes AICS mags but I'm not sure if they offer a mini chassis that allows you to use the factory BM... I will ask them.

chutinlead

Chutin Big Lead
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Wyoming
I know Manners offers a mini chassis that has an integrated BM that takes AICS mags but I'm not sure if they offer a mini chassis that allows you to use the factory BM... I will ask them.
I am a little new to the tikka world and trying to figure out the best option for a lightweight 7saum running longer than short action lengths. I'm not attached to the factory plastic mag or bottom metal, just a light option with a medium mag length if possible in the 3.3-3.5" range.

Redvanes

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2017
I am a little new to the tikka world and trying to figure out the best option for a lightweight 7saum running longer than short action lengths. I'm not attached to the factory plastic mag or bottom metal, just a light option with a medium mag length if possible in the 3.3-3.5" range.
Check this website out. I believe they make a LA bottom metal that takes AICS mags and is compatable with the factory BM inlet.

https://www.redsnake-tactical.com/

"Both of our long action Tikka nEXTgen Bottom Metal models will allow rounds with an OAL of 3.500" to feed from magazines."

chutinlead

Chutin Big Lead
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Wyoming
Which manners stocks will take that redsnake LA AICS DBM? Just this EH1? Anything with adj cheekpiece?

I really like the MCS-LRH with the integrated rail

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
Hells canyon armory makes a billet 3rd magazine that loads out to 3.38, I have a few and use them on my 300wsm that 3.1" with 215 Bergers ans also in a 6.5prc that's 225k freebore, 156s loaded to approx 3.1" as well. These go into factory t3x bottom metal, or the hells canyon billet bottom metal. However you're limited to a 3rd capacity. Awesome for hunting, not so awesome for tactical stuff.

chutinlead

Chutin Big Lead
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Wyoming
Hells canyon armory makes a billet 3rd magazine that loads out to 3.38, I have a few and use them on my 300wsm that 3.1" with 215 Bergers ans also in a 6.5prc that's 225k freebore, 156s loaded to approx 3.1" as well. These go into factory t3x bottom metal, or the hells canyon billet bottom metal. However you're limited to a 3rd capacity. Awesome for hunting, not so awesome for tactical stuff.
By the time I get into new bottom metal, a couple of their mags, the new MDT HNT26 looks more appealing. Especially if they would do a 3rd flush mag for hunting and maybe a 10rd for tactical applications.

Redvanes

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2017
Which manners stocks will take that redsnake LA AICS DBM? Just this EH1? Anything with adj cheekpiece?

Only Tikka Specific stocks. The LRH is not an option for Tikka.

Right now their options for hunting stocks are:

MCS-EHT/MCS-EHTA
Manners EH1-TK

The EHTA has the adjustable Cheek Piece

Also the New EH1-TK has an option to add the adjustable lightweight spacer cheek

Last edited:

Eric_F

Fake Internet Rank Here
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Minneapolis

Redsnake says on this page that any stock inletted for the factory T3/x bottom metal should fit with minimal fitting (shown here).

Mountain tactical has a similar LA AICS bottom metal shown here.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2019
WI
Good to know, thanks Lawnboi!

The issue with mini chassis and hunting stocks is that a lot, if not most people building a hunting rifle wants to keep weight to a minimum and the mini chassis adds just that, more weight. To some it doesn't matter either way.
I’m looking forward to the mini chassis for the factory plastic tikka mags. IMO best hunting setup for a short or medium action cartridge. I’ll gladly pay the weight penalty for the mini chassis for this. That said I like my hunting rifles a little heavier, as far as hunting rifles go, 10lbs or so all up. Should be achievable with the mini chassis

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
By the time I get into new bottom metal, a couple of their mags, the new MDT HNT26 looks more appealing. Especially if they would do a 3rd flush mag for hunting and maybe a 10rd for tactical applications

If you do a Tikka long action hunt26 chassis, it'll use their longer mags that are 5 shot only, single stack, long and heavy. My 10rd arc mags are shorter Than the 5rd 3.56 mdt mag.

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
I’m looking forward to the mini chassis for the factory plastic tikka mags. IMO best hunting setup for a short or medium action cartridge. I’ll gladly pay the weight penalty for the mini chassis for this. That said I like my hunting rifles a little heavier, as far as hunting rifles go, 10lbs or so all up. Should be achievable with the mini chassis
Pretty certain manner mini chassis will only take short action aics mags.

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
The aics version correct. But factory tikka mags, the plastic ones, take you to 3.3”. Looks like they have a mini chassis now for factory dbm be it plastic or ctr
I'd rock that factory mag mini chassis, but that'd prob add 4-6oz to this beautiful stock!

NewsShooter

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2011
I don't think those are an AICS mag. It's a custom length only made by MDT for their chassis systems for the tikka LA and savage Axis.

They are an AICS style mag made shorter that the standard long action length for the Tikka LA, it will work in the MDT LA chassis as well as the XLR chassis with the tikka LA inlet. I've asked Redsnake if they'd make one but no luck yet. It just needs to be a little shorter, I've got a friend that will tig it for me and then I can put it in the mill to fit it to the mags.

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
They are an AICS style mag made shorter that the standard long action length for the Tikka LA, it will work in the MDT LA chassis as well as the XLR chassis with the tikka LA inlet. I've asked Redsnake if they'd make one but no luck yet. It just needs to be a little shorter, I've got a friend that will tig it for me and then I can put it in the mill to fit it to the mags.
I already run these mags on a Tikka LA xlr chassis. They're just okay with a long coal short mag. Personally for a long action case, I'd want a true 3.7 mag. For a long coal short mag, the factory 3.34 Mag works great, as does the hells canyon. Unfortunately it doesn't interface with anything other than oem t3x style dbm.

NewsShooter

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2011
I already run these mags on a Tikka LA xlr chassis. They're just okay with a long coal short mag. Personally for a long action case, I'd want a true 3.7 mag. For a long coal short mag, the factory 3.34 Mag works great, as does the hells canyon. Unfortunately it doesn't interface with anything other than oem t3x style dbm.
Right, if I were running a 700 long action footprint for something like a 28 Nosler or 300 PRC, then I'd get a true long action. But I'm putting together a 7 saum in a tikka action which is more of a medium, not a long action. I don't need or want a 3.7, since a true long action isn't needed, but seating 180/190's at 3.1 + is perfect in a tikka LA.

chutinlead

Chutin Big Lead
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Wyoming

Right, if I were running a 700 long action footprint for something like a 28 Nosler or 300 PRC, then I'd get a true long action. But I'm putting together a 7 saum in a tikka action which is more of a medium, not a long action. I don't need or want a 3.7, since a true long action isn't needed, but seating 180/190's at 3.1 + is perfect in a tikka LA.
That's exactly where I'm at. I can either go with one of these lightweight carbon fiber hunting stocks using the factory dbm, MDT's custom length shortened LA mag, or just run an overkill 3.7" mag.

Ideally MDT would make a polymer 3rd 3.540" to go with their Tikka LA inlet on their new HNT26, but its too early to tell. By the sounds of it, if I want to go this manners route, I better decide now if I want a new rifle to shoot this fall.

Reactions: khuber84