• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi All Snipershide I have something to tell you guys all ,Don't buy SCHMIDT&BENDER before you read this!!

Sitichaith

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2022
bangkok
About last year! I sent the scope back for repair which is 5-45x56 high power, Serial number 478890. The problem was I found something at 11.00 (only at 5X) as i attach files to you.

Now one year! later I got back from S&B service and repair (I live in Thailand)
I thought the problem was solve but when I got the scope back i look it at 5x i still found something at 11.00 it look like J line at 5X (only 5X)

I'm so disappointed in S&B BRAND AND SERVICE because I have to wait 1 year for get the scope back and I have nothing to say and i don't know what wrong with the team service didn't check properly ???? Waste my time so much 1 year that i'm waiting.!!!

you can check who did repair this scope!? why still have something at 11.00
please email me back or do something S&B.

and right now I sent email to jerry ricker about 2-3 days ago and no one reply me back.

I have videos but don't know how to send in here. The picture with orange background about last year that i sent to S&B for repair and now at the range is current i still found something at 11.00 .

Attachments

• S__24485902_0.jpg
    S__24485902_0.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 714
  • S__24485904_0.jpg
    S__24485904_0.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 716
  • S__24526959_0.jpg
    S__24526959_0.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 712
  • S__24526962.jpg
    S__24526962.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 699
  • S__24526963.jpg
    S__24526963.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 689
I believe thats a pubic hair.(Kidding--I think it's a hair from the super tight fit of two sealing surfaces) I had one in one of my old US Optics scopes.

If it's any hollow comfort, I would suspect the hair came out during transit, while things were still settling in the optic. Hopefully someone here can get you connected to someone at S&B and they can resolve this quickly.

Reactions: simonp and BCP
About last year! I sent the scope back for repair which is 5-45x56 high power, Serial number 478890. The problem was I found something at 11.00 (only at 5X) as i attach files to you.

Now one year! later I got back from S&B service and repair (I live in Thailand)
I thought the problem was solve but when I got the scope back i look it at 5x i still found something at 11.00 it look like J line at 5X (only 5X)

I'm so disappointed in S&B BRAND AND SERVICE because I have to wait 1 year for get the scope back and I have nothing to say and i don't know what wrong with the team service didn't check properly ???? Waste my time so much 1 year that i'm waiting.!!!

you can check who did repair this scope!? why still have something at 11.00
please email me back or do something S&B.

and right now I sent email to jerry ricker about 2-3 days ago and no one reply me back.

I have videos but don't know how to send in here. The picture with orange background about last year that i sent to S&B for repair and now at the range is current i still found something at 11.00 .
Did you purchase this optic from Euro (assuming you did)? If that is the case, please contact us and we will do our best to assist you in making this proper.

-Connor

I don’t know if you guys know this but when I dial my 5-25 below 7X, which I never do, it tunnels.

Don’t buy Schmidt and Bender!

View attachment 8298655
Tell us that story about how the hostage rescue shot failed due to the tunneling.

Or if not that one, the one where the trophy lion hunt was ruined due to tunneling.

:)

-Stan

Sorry your experience with S&B repair was what it was. I am USA-based and I have used S&B warranty repair numerous times through Jerry Ricker/Lisa Welch and their communication and attention to detail has been outstanding with good results. I had the same issue with a scope; sent in to Winchester, VA to S&B's USA service center and had dust and particles flushed out and the scope re-gassed to satisfaction. I did have to pay for shipping to/from, but that is a small price for the service I received. Mr. Ricker never blew me off; actually his email communications came back at me fast with terse, on-point updates. I do not work for S&B or any of the distributors, nor do I sell any of their products. All I am saying is that because of their service, I bought another S&B knowing they back up their products. Now, I am presuming you sent your scope in to a European service center? I am not sure Mr. Ricker services units from outside the USA, but at this time of the year, I know people go on holiday, and he is not one to shirk a legitimate request with a bonafide response within 14 days (usually much sooner). Having been in Thailand, myself, many times and at the ranges there, I understand how humidity and the environment there can possibly contribute to situations like yours. More than likely, if you get through to Mr. Ricker and he can service your unit, you will likely have to ship DHL with a return shipping label and wait a month or so. Might have to research whether Thai/US customs may have issues or not with items like this going through (google ITAR). Point is, all hope is not lost. Chok dee na kap!

SBrepair.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot and lash
Get a really thick paper backed book like a phone book, school book, etc and smack it a few times like you mean it (like you’re driving a nail with a hammer) holding the ocular and hitting the objective to the book so that it’s about horizontal when it impacts.

• Love
Reactions: Series 70 Colt
Get a really thick paper backed book like a phone book, school book, etc and smack it a few times like you mean it (like you’re driving a nail with a hammer) holding the ocular and hitting the objective to the book so that it’s about horizontal when it impacts.
Good advice, from a current or previous USO customer 😂

Sorry your experience with S&B repair was what it was. I am USA-based and I have used S&B warranty repair numerous times through Jerry Ricker/Lisa Welch and their communication and attention to detail has been outstanding with good results. I had the same issue with a scope; sent in to Winchester, VA to S&B's USA service center and had dust and particles flushed out and the scope re-gassed to satisfaction. I did have to pay for shipping to/from, but that is a small price for the service I received. Mr. Ricker never blew me off; actually his email communications came back at me fast with terse, on-point updates. I do not work for S&B or any of the distributors, nor do I sell any of their products. All I am saying is that because of their service, I bought another S&B knowing they back up their products. Now, I am presuming you sent your scope in to a European service center? I am not sure Mr. Ricker services units from outside the USA, but at this time of the year, I know people go on holiday, and he is not one to shirk a legitimate request with a bonafide response within 14 days (usually much sooner). Having been in Thailand, myself, many times and at the ranges there, I understand how humidity and the environment there can possibly contribute to situations like yours. More than likely, if you get through to Mr. Ricker and he can service.your unit, you will likely have to ship DHL with a return shipping label and wait a month or so. Might have to research whether Thai/US customs may have issues or not with items like this going through (google ITAR). Point is, all hope is not lost. Chok dee na kap!

View attachment 8298917
Numerous times? Way, way, way, way overpriced to be needing warranty numerous times. I'll stick to Vortex for the same experience.

I've seen that before in S&B's, we used to call it a fuzzle in the blend, a piece of lint or something that's on the leading edge of the reticle cell poking up in the field of view on low power only. Once you come off low power it disappears but to fix it the erector has to come out to clean the it. It's entirely possible that it got exposed to some other foreign debris in the process and what you see is the result. That little J shaped piece is probably barely discernable to the naked eye when the erector is out of the tube.

I have 4 S&B and have had to use their repair service 3 times only 1 of those was an S&B issues. The other 2 were issues I caused and these were taken care of free of charge. I did have Jerry replace 2 reticules, I had him pull a T2 and MSR and install the H-59. I have had 5 Vortex scopes and have used their repair service 4 times 2 were Vortex quality issues and 2 were for accident repairs. There service was also excellent in fact they replaced a 5-20x50 no questions asked.
Never had an issue with either company backing their product.

Numerous times? Way, way, way, way overpriced to be needing warranty numerous times. I'll stick to Vortex for the same experience.
Bought old S&B scopes off various sites on the cheap. They would have dust particles in them so I sent them in. Not any of their new stuff post 2000.

Sorry your experience with S&B repair was what it was. I am USA-based and I have used S&B warranty repair numerous times through Jerry Ricker/Lisa Welch and their communication and attention to detail has been outstanding with good results. I had the same issue with a scope; sent in to Winchester, VA to S&B's USA service center and had dust and particles flushed out and the scope re-gassed to satisfaction. I did have to pay for shipping to/from, but that is a small price for the service I received. Mr. Ricker never blew me off; actually his email communications came back at me fast with terse, on-point updates. I do not work for S&B or any of the distributors, nor do I sell any of their products. All I am saying is that because of their service, I bought another S&B knowing they back up their products. Now, I am presuming you sent your scope in to a European service center? I am not sure Mr. Ricker services units from outside the USA, but at this time of the year, I know people go on holiday, and he is not one to shirk a legitimate request with a bonafide response within 14 days (usually much sooner). Having been in Thailand, myself, many times and at the ranges there, I understand how humidity and the environment there can possibly contribute to situations like yours. More than likely, if you get through to Mr. Ricker and he can service.your unit, you will likely have to ship DHL with a return shipping label and wait a month or so. Might have to research whether Thai/US customs may have issues or not with items like this going through (google ITAR). Point is, all hope is not lost. Chok dee na kap!

View attachment 8298917

Why would you have to pay for shipping on a warrantee issue?

I must be special...no shipping charge for me on either end
🤷‍♂️ they’re easy to poke fun at here, but I never had problems with my Conpact NXS scopes when I still had NF 10 years ago. I did pay to send one of my ZCOs back, the second one ZCO covered the bill both ways. Theta paid both ways no questions asked. Vortex has always provided me labels as well.

Long story short, yes you’re special Nik!

Which S&B service center did you send that too? I know that you emailed Jerry in the US but I’m not clear if that’s who you initially sent the scope to.

If that’s a hair, it’s part of the reticle. S&B first in the industry to do this….. No more dialing to shoot a hair off a gnat’s ass at 1k. Just hold over using the hair and send it.

To All snipershide , last year i sent this scope back to USA for repair and I also talk to jerry.
Right now i sent Email to Jerry around 15 Dec and no one reply me back at all!?

Thank you so so much SCHMIDT&BENDER

To All snipershide , last year i sent this scope back to USA for repair and I also talk to jerry.

December 15 is a Friday. It is still the weekend here. You should get a response in a few hours as it’s only 3am Monday east coast time.

I’ve dropped a scope off personally the Monday before thanksgiving to have the grease changed since there was an issue with a batch a while back. I then picked it up Wednesday (2 days later). No charge and perfect service with a new box and sticker since the original box was destroyed. Jerry is awesome!

Why would you have to pay for shipping on a warrantee issue?

Because it/they was/were out of warranty. The S&B warranty and repair center is one and the same. I just referenced what most know as the warranty repair center. The point being, the scopes sent in were over 20 years old. S&B does not have a lifetime warranty like Vortex. So you pay if you want service.

December 15 is a Friday. It is still the weekend here. You should get a response in a few hours as it’s only 3am Monday east coast time.

I’ve dropped a scope off personally the Monday before thanksgiving to have the grease changed since there was an issue with a batch a while back. I then picked it up Wednesday (2 days later). No charge and perfect service with a new box and sticker since the original box was destroyed. Jerry is awesome!
Really ! you're so lucky
I got the same old box with a little damage, maybe because of shipping.

Well, seeing all these references to high end scopes needing warranty work, it's clear absolutely none are immune.

Well, seeing all these references to high end scopes needing warranty work, it's clear absolutely none are immune.
I had trash in a leupold mk6. 3 week door to door. Solved.

🤷‍♂️ they’re easy to poke fun at here, but I never had problems with my Conpact NXS scopes when I still had NF 10 years ago. I did pay to send one of my ZCOs back, the second one ZCO covered the bill both ways. Theta paid both ways no questions asked. Vortex has always provided me labels as well.

Long story short, yes you’re special Nik!
I had to send a new nx8 back. 10 days door to door, roughly. Perfect, now.

I had to use Jerry one time and he delivered perfectly ... sorry you are having issues ... hope they get you squared away ... but being in Thailand probably complicates things further for you than us here in the states ...

Most of it has nothing to do with the function of the optic, more to do with things like small dust particles that work their way into view over years of hard use.
That is very much different then a ton of top tier scopes unable to track or hold zero.
The dust/grease thing can happen to any optic, it has happened to tangent thetas here.

Then there are the people that send it in and buy new turrets/reticles.
That and about 2019-2020 S&B got a bad lot of grease that would work its way into view overtime with use, it didn’t impact the functionality of the optic it was just annoying, so just send it in and they would replace the grease for you.

I've sent scopes to S&B Germany a few times for reticle change, which may sound easy but basically is a full rebuild.

Always been very happy with the result.

Also visited the factory and service center about a month ago.

Reactions: lash

You will most likely have to send it back again for service and wait a time. Again, sometimes things get missed or were not visible at the time of last service. As many have said before, annoying yes, but this finding does not affect optomechanical performance. Whether to Germany or the USA, S&B service will get it handled.

I had trash in a leupold mk6. 3 week door to door. Solved.
Y'all pussies need to get a Quigley Ford. Not only the bestest optic out there but make you tough as nails. They only sell scopes to true blue badasses that know how to pour concrete, kill things will bows, and benchpress like a real man.

ETA: And with all your concrete killing flexing skills the women will find you irresistible