• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi from Alabama and some questions

ENew6

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2024
Baldwin County
I’m new into this long-distance shooting deal and I found this website and it seemed like a good place to learn some stuff and ask some questions. First one is about the setup I’m planning on getting for a starter and that’s a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Zeiss LRP S3 6-36X56 for the glass, is this a good place to start? From the research I’ve done it seems like one. And second, any tips on shooting in general? I’m familiar with rifle pistol shotgun etc but not too familiar with precision shooting. Any tips or comments would be helpful!

Welcome to the forum. I can't comment on your set-up but I will suggest checking out the marksmanship threads on the forum. There's a lot of good information there. Are you accurate with the current rifles and pistols you use? Do you have sound fundamentals and mechanics behind the rifle? If not, take a class at your local range where you can get some reputable instruction. You may also want to consider taking an NRA Basic Rifle course.