• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi from NC

Alex126

Lance for life
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
NC
Hi, I've heard about the site before on other forums, and recently my research for a budget long range build has led me here so I thought I'd make a profile.

A little about my background- I grew up shooting smallbore competition in Michigan, including two trips to the National Matches and earning my Distinguished Expert badge. After high school I joined the USMC and became an 0311. Since then, my shooting interests have shifted from traditional bullseye competition to more tactical shooting. I shoot my AR and pistols as much as I can, and I love it, but I miss being behind a bolt gun, so here I am. Just from quickly browsing through I can see that I have a lot to learn here, and I can't wait to get to it!

Hi, I've heard about the site before on other forums, and recently my research for a budget long range build has led me here so I thought I'd make a profile.

A little about my background- I grew up shooting smallbore competition in Michigan, including two trips to the National Matches and earning my Distinguished Expert badge. After high school I joined the USMC and became an 0311. Since then, my shooting interests have shifted from traditional bullseye competition to more tactical shooting. I shoot my AR and pistols as much as I can, and I love it, but I miss being behind a bolt gun, so here I am. Just from quickly browsing through I can see that I have a lot to learn here, and I can't wait to get to it!

Alex where are you located in NC? Tons of shooting throughout the state in multiple disciplines:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...east-coast-match-woodys-march-8th-9th-17.html

They run DMM (Designated Marksman) and Precision matches at Woody's. There will be six matches held this year.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...al-steel-challenge-final-2013-results-up.html

The most challenging rimfire match you will find. Durham Pistol and Rifle Club (DPRC) will also be hosting a Precision Rimfire match starting this year.

Bushmaster Tarheel 3-Gun | Bushmaster Tarheel 3-Gun Series competition.

A great local monthly 3gun match and one large annual multi-day match.

NC Section

Just about everything IDPA & USPSA

Thanks for the info! I'm currently in Wilmington, but I'll be moving out near Asheville this summer.

Hopefully I'll see you at one of these matches sometime!