• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hi from SE Florida, intro with a question.

John-K

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2011
South FL
I've been lurking and soaking up info for the last few months, and I thought it would be a good time to get my post count started.

I started plinking with a .22 back in 1986, worked my way up through various rifles and pistols and into NFA ~1995. With the recent spike in ammo prices, I've decided to dust off an old heirloom, a Sporterized Swedish M96 in 6.5x55 with a Simmons 4-12x40. Back ~'96 I had loads worked up that would shoot .75-1.25MOA @100yds.

I've got enough components to keep me busy, hopefully to the point I can shoot as well as the rifle. There are only 2 outdoor ranges in my area with lanes up to 100yds, but ~3 hours away there are several that stretch out to 300-600yds, and supposedly a 900yd range in the north part of the state.

I'm not planning on winning any competitions, just to learn the dopes I guess you could say.

I've been thinking about upgrading the glass to a fixed 10x or 12x Mil dot, and I'd like to "give back" to the forum. I'm wondering if there are any site supporters who distribute SWFA, or if I should just order from them directly.

Thanks,

-John K