• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi from South Bay, Ca- Tikka/Nightforce

ClintQuint

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2020
LAX
Hello all,

I was recently lucky enough to have my friend let me shoot his MRAD .338 Lapua at the range the other day and now I'm hooked. He guided me through the process and scoped me onto to the steel at 1,000 yards and it was rad! love that sound. I have been reading through the Forums and I am stoked on the Snipers hide community - really cool resource and info on here.

I recently purchased a Tikka T3x lite D-18 .308 win and I want to get a Nightforce ATACR scope for it-

not sure If I want to do 4-16 or 5-25?

I am interested in hunting with this set up and learning to shoot better and consistently at longer distances.

what is the best mount for the Nightforce to Tikka? If I wanted to also try and shoot at 1,000 yards? Hawkins? and if so which one? do I need one piece?

Thank you
Kyle

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 3.18.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 3.18.36 PM.png
    511 KB · Views: 27
Great selection for starting out. Seekins precision matched rings will do fine. If you want to step up to high end go SPUHR

Reactions: ClintQuint
We have a "hunter" class in our monthly matches Avenal gun club, next match on the 20th if you are interested?

Holy cow! Thanks for letting me know- looks amazing! I don’t think I’ll have my scope by then but 100% when I get it sorted out would love to take that class. I have been shooting at Piru mostly with my AR and pistol and really love that range. Nice to be out in the mountains.

Holy cow! Thanks for letting me know- looks amazing! I don’t think I’ll have my scope by then but 100% when I get it sorted out would love to take that class. I have been shooting at Piru mostly with my AR and pistol and really love that range. Nice to be out in the mountains.
Not a class, it's a match but really low key lots of folks that will help a new shooter was they did me. Most are hunters as well.

Welcome to the Hide! I'm just in the East Bay by Walnut Creek. I got a Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 x-mil and love it, heavy but so clear. Happy shooting!

Welcome to the Hide! I'm just in the East Bay by Walnut Creek. I got a Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 x-mil and love it, heavy but so clear. Happy shooting!

Hey!

Well about that Nightforce- I ending up getting a smoking deal on a Vortex 5-25 so went that way instead! Just got the Tikka out the range yesterday and had a blast after zeroing it in

Reactions: aero22abflight