• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi from the UK

SeanBa

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2020
Hi,
I'm Sean, I live near Rochester, Kent in the UK.
I love shooting, unfortunately we don't have an awful lot of Ranges here in the UK, I do shoot at Bisley our national shooting centre which is an awesome setup, and a club I belong to uses a military range in Cambridgeshire regularly.
I shoot .22 LR's (an MnP 1522 and a CZ455 in an MDT LSS RF Chassis), a .308 Howa 1500 in an MDT LSS, Marlin 1894 SBL and a Mosin Nagant, I want to push out further than the 600yds we normally do with my .308 but the ranges are limited in the SE.
We don't have a lot of long ranges here so the larger calibre's are a lot less common due to needing to be a member of the club that shoot's them and most of them being military ranges too.
Unfortunately some of our laws can be quite restrictive such as the one that requires ALL my ammunition to be registered on my license (calibre and number of rounds to be held) so I have to purchase from a registered dealer, I even have to have a moderator (surpressor) on my license before I can purchase one and then again it has to be from a registered dealer.
But as long as you can justify the use of a firearm you can normally get one added to your license unless you want a pistol, we can only have what's called an LBP (Long barrelled pistol) usually a revolver with a stupid extention on the grip and a 12" barrel to give a minimum overall length of 24".
The ONLY semi auto's we can have are .22lr be they rifles or Long barrelled pistols.
WE are required to keep these securely locked in a certified gun cabinet when not being used.
All these probably seem a little draconian to you but if you play by the rules it's not so bad and I do enjoy our sport so I'm happy to comply.

Attachments

• CZ455.jpg
    CZ455.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Howa 1500.jpg
    Howa 1500.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 31
  • K22 LBP.jpg
    K22 LBP.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Marlin.jpg
    Marlin.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 25
  • MnP 1522.jpg
    MnP 1522.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Mosin.jpg
    Mosin.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 36
Welcome. Good for you, at least you’re doing what you can with what options and resources are available to you.

Is there much interest in lever guns in your country, to your knowledge? Didn’t anticipate that one.

Welcome. Good for you, at least you’re doing what you can with what options and resources are available to you.

Is there much interest in lever guns in your country, to your knowledge? Didn’t anticipate that one.

Quite a few people I know have them and like me LOVE them so much fun and everyone who has tried mine lived it and want one so their gaining in popularity and also we use them in Gallery rifle competitions.

welcome from delaware and good luck and much fortune with your venture

Welcome from California. I though the gun laws in this state were atrocious (I hate them)... then good people like yourself open my eyes to "things could be worse"

This forum is an invaluable resource to the shooting community and is full of useful information... and some silly stuff in the Bear Pit where you may lose a piece of your heart and soul.

Thanks for joining. Take care, be safe, and spread the good word about shooting sports!

Hi Sean, I’m in East Sussex, so not a million miles away from you. You need to join a club that shoots at Lydd (Military range), you can shoot falling plate figure 11’s out to about 1200m there. Less than an hours drive for you. You can use HME rifles, I have an AI in .300 Win Mag and a few other blokes in the club are using .338 Lapua and .50BMG. So there ya go, perfect range less than an hour away from you.

Quite a few people I know have them and like me LOVE them so much fun and everyone who has tried mine lived it and want one so their gaining in popularity and also we use them in Gallery rifle competitions.
Right on, that’s pretty cool!
1F391F8C-C98B-4941-B162-7D730BB0DD5E.gif